Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bad back now!

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Just spent two and a half days compound polishing my '95.

Nice and shiny now...... but I could hardly get out of bed today, my back REALLY aches.
Of course, SWMBO said I was doing too much and I basically ignored her :)
At least she hasn't mentioned the "I told you so" words!

Sorry no pics yet I need to clean up two more wheels and wheel arches before I do a pic and that may be sometime:-

a) before I recover enough to attempt it and

b) before she lets me sneak off to the garage unsupervised!!

Have a nice weekend y'all!

I spent two hours cleaning the cursed Smart car soft top last night doing circular ‘agitation’ with a cut down tooth brush.

I was glad when I’d had enough of that.

Hope your back is soon better Tal.

Last edited:
UPDATE:-
Well SWMBO started to watch her fav TV prog (YAWN!) So funnily enough, I found myself in the garage doing a bit more. Namely, two coats of sealant. There are still lots of RDS scratches from previous owners off road exploits in sharp scratchy bushes but 90% have been removed and all marring from bad wash techniques.

Will try and take a couple of pics tomorrow. Bit of a long drive offroad planned for Thursday so that will get the car all covered in dust again, but at leas now it will look good when washed.

Toodle Pip!

PS
I just read that Hamilton won the German F1 - glad about that as I would like to see him make 5 times World Champ.

OK took some pics this morning before driving to Limassol (1 hour 15 min) to Limassol to meet up with Dervis and Tony 111 off this forum. Dervis I have met before and I really enjoyed meeting Tony for the first time.

And now hopefully, those pics with a bit of a story for those who have not seen my car before:-

I recently bought a very used 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser. I loved the colour but it had suffered a respray at some stage in the past and the orange peel was horrendous. Additionally, the last owner, and maybe previous owner/s - no way of telling in Cyprus to my knowledge kept the vehicle out doors all year, that means at least 9 months of heavy sun. A bit like you guys are having presently. So as a result, the roof, the spare wheel cover and the rear bumper were ruined and the lacquer long gone. So I just had those panels resprayed and spent about three days and nights compounding the car. There are some heavy RDS (Heavy scratches) from bushes and trees in previous life and although I reduced it, the orange peel is still everywhere.

The process.
Snow foam (hand pump)
Powerwash.
2BM wash.
Iron X
Tar X
Clay
Various stages using Chemical Guys hex logic pads and Megs 105/205
Followed by AG SRP and 2 coats of EGP to body and wheels. The consumables are what I had to hand - not my first choice but economy rules in our house!

No close ups! What I did learn is that I wish I had a MF pad!

BFT_1_of_7.jpg

BFT_2_of_7.jpg

BFT_3_of_7.jpg

BFT_4_of_7.jpg

BFT_5_of_7.jpg

BFT_6_of_7.jpg

BFT_7_of_7.jpg

OOPS! I forgot to mention there was another 2B wash and a wipe down with Car Pro Eraser as well!

Last edited:
Hmmm, cracking job there. When can you come and do mine? :clap::lol:

That's a very smart looking Prado, Hats off to 'ya'.. I wish I could muster up the same enthusiasm.. I take mine up to the Lithuanians at the Shell garage. £10 later it comes up like an old penny....And me change gone out the ashtray..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Higgy, and I feel your pain regarding the change from the ashtray!

Back