Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Baffle cover fog lights

kanya3

Supporter
Hi Guys. Happy New Year to all. Haven’t been on the forum for a while. Could I check where do you think I could get a baffle cover like this in UK? I have tried ebay/Amazon, there are long delays meaning being parcelled from overseas. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 642F14BD-E592-457C-83D3-5075D4AC2D16.jpeg
    642F14BD-E592-457C-83D3-5075D4AC2D16.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 3C5AE720-C788-43B6-A5E1-5906C3113CCA.jpeg
    3C5AE720-C788-43B6-A5E1-5906C3113CCA.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 24
Good to see you back Kanya.
All overseas again I'm afraid.
Tony Rodaway has recently used Aliexpress for parts and says they come in good time.
Otherwise Partsuk or Amayama, which a few of us on here have used repeatedly with a reasonable delivery time.
The way things are with R.M. thoseoverseas parts that you want could be sent by their normal letter post and still get here quicker !
Just waited 7 days for a small envelope item 1st class through R.M. - Fraudsters!

Thanks Tractionman. Back only for few days to get a visa. We have only managed to get far as Angola, Kenya still long way.
I tell you we had such a hassle finding an alternator in West Africa, will be taking one as a spare with me this time :)

If you have just had a new one, likely won't need another for a 150k miles. Think of what else, other than the alternator is likely to break :)

Btw, if you are on the road out of the country - remember that many of us are willing to help with parts and advice etc. Many have driven or lived in those areas and can often get you recommendations etc.

I say this as I await a 'new' alternator from Australia !

Thanks GOK. We got a new one, when we left in Sep22. Started having problems 1 month later. Muktiple visits to garages few of them Toyota in Dakar & Conakry. Had coil changed, didn’t help, no new alternators available anywhere in West Africa, tried atleast 20, second European spec ones, no good. Eventually sone mechanic did some setting change and it has been fine ever since and we have now reached as fas as Angola. We lost a week doing all this and missed our visa expiry date for SA, which is why I am back here. It was such a hassle that I will take one as a spare to avoid such situation again!

@kanya3 I’ll take a look in the garage tomorrow as I’m sure I still have the ones I removed from my 120 when I installed some Daylight Running Lights into that location. If I can find them then you can have them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks DH.120. If you have them, that would be great :)

@kanya3 Will get to looking for them as soon as I can, but work has got in the way! Sorry, but I’m convinced I stashed them somewhere, so hope you can wait a few days for me to get to look for them.

Back