Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

banjo bolt spring

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
does anyone know what the banjo bolt spring inside part number as gave my reg to toyota and the spring they gave me is two big .its to wide for the blank off 14mm bolt.

part number they said it is ( 22148-54010.)long shot but worth a try or a diagram with part number.

is PART NUMBER (22160) the banjo bolt with the spring and ball bearing in can anyone verify its the correct part after doing my home work and a little help from MR T i got this diagram and may help other members also.

Attachments

• Section_16022017_1231.pdf
    123.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
have changed
FUEL FILTER
REPLACED ALL RUBBER HOSE PIPES
HAD FUEL LEAK TEST WITH AIR LINE DONE AND NO AIR LEAKS
SO GOING BACK TO ORIGINAL PART AS CANT DO ANY HARM
NEXT STEP IF THIS DON'T WORK WILL BE FUEL TANK OFF AND REPLACE PARTS

You still haven't changed or looked at the primer pump housing buddy!

Standard banjo bolt pt no 22160-67030 £28.00 Modified banjo bolt which includes intergrated valve to prevent noise 22160-67100 £49.39.
Washers 90201-12109 x2 £1.76 each
Spring is not available as a separate part.

Modified banjo bolt which includes intergrated valve to prevent noise 22160-67100 £49.39

Wow! I never knew there was such a thing as this. I'd be fascinated to know what the modification consists of. Maybe, er, a slightly longer spring :icon-rolleyes:

Mind you, the spring stretch modification works so well that there shouldn't be any need to pay extra for the modified part.

Apparently the credit for the spring stretch mod should go to Johann Meyer, a landcruiser mechanic from Melkbossstrand, Cape Town according to an old post on the other forum. People started calling it 'Johan's fix' for a little while

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Being ex Toyota tech I know the modified valve became available in April 1998 and had been stretching springs for 6 months prior to this until they supplied the improved valve.

Last edited:
Being ex Toyota tech I know the modified valve became available in April 1998 and had been stretching springs for 6 months prior to this until they supplied the improved valve.

Thanks for passing the knowledge on. Any other useful tricks of the trade? :)

(The definitive cure for transmission shunt would be a good one!)

Back