Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bargain Forum first offer for an expedition 80

devonnick

IF you have my messages about my recent Moroccon trip then you will know a bit about why I am selling. If not then I have a detached retina eye problem and cannot risk it happening again.

1993 Expedition Landcruiser 80 Reg 4.2TD Auto in Red. 137,000 miles

AT A VERY ATRACTIVE PRICE FOR ANYONE WHO TAKES IT AS IT IS NOW

This vehicle was converted by a retired fireman about 19 years ago. He did 3 trips to N Africa in it before selling it to me in 2016. I stored it for three years before preparing it for a two month Moroccan trip. It works perfectly and you could leave in it on another adventure tomorrow.

The basics are: Bull bar, snorkel, Patriot rack with Maggiolina Extreme (Medium) roof tent (with awning and changing tent), 60 litre water tank with Seagull filtration, Engel fridge freezer, intelligent leisure battery control unit, storage box, 9 Front Runner storage boxes, ARB compressor, bespoke aluminium roof storage box with 4 jerry cans (not fitted), CB Radio, Sony stereo, additional fuel tank (total 160 litres), spares worth circa £1K

Stuff I have done includes: 2 main and leisure battery before trip – all still under warranty, gearbox actuator, starter motor, turbo, rear springs, front wheel bearings

To sort out:

· I’ve jet washed it but not cleaned it since I got home so it still contains Sahara dust

· There is a small ding on the rear where the top rear wheel carrier attaches and other paint imperfections (but no rust)

· I didn’t use the CB so cannot vouch for it working, but it has both aerials

· There is a fuse gone or wire come adrift that power 8 auxiliary sockets and the CB

· There is a tiny tiny leak between the two fuel tanks, requiring a new connector fitting

· Oil and filter were changed 3,250 miles ago in Morocco, so due for another change soon

· New water filter (included) needs to be fitted

· The diff locks work most of the time, but need looking at. The likely issue is a lazy actuator. There is a brand new front diff lock included witht he spares

Please call me on 07899 792402 and ask if you are serious and want more details. I’m pricing it at £10K (vehicle £4K, conversion kit/spares £4K and roof tent £2K) if you drive it away as is. If I cannot get this for it I will spend the £1K it needs to address the above and put it to the market at a higher price. Vehicle located in TQ7, S. Devon

IMG_0825.JPG IMG_0865.JPG IMG_1042.JPG

Nice number plate. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and good luck finding a buyer. Post up some photos of the interior when you can!

I have just checked for the new prices for some of the kit included:

Maggiolina Extreme Medium with Awning and Changing Tent - £3,875
Seagul water filtration system with tank - £850
National Luna intelligent leisure battery management - £353
Patriot roof rack - £1,250
Engel fridge freezer with insulated cover - £685
6 x small and 3 x large Front Runner storage bins - £290
New front diff lock - £400
New Turbo (same as fitted - also new) - £125
Wheel bearings, UJ's, filters, etc, etc - £500

Guys and girls. I need to sell this. I'll drop the price considerably for a quick buyer

Engel top.JPG National Luna.JPG inside rear.JPG 6 small storage.JPG 3 large storage.JPG mileage.JPG water filtration.JPG

Will you start splitting stuff up ? As I've got a few items I'd buy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bide your time man.. it's early doors and a potential buyer hasn't seen this yet.. good luck on the sale as you first posted it! :thumbup:

IF you have my messages about my recent Moroccon trip then you will know a bit about why I am selling. If not then I have a detached retina eye problem and cannot risk it happening again.

1993 Expedition Landcruiser 80 Reg 4.2TD Auto in Red. 137,000 miles

AT A VERY ATRACTIVE PRICE FOR ANYONE WHO TAKES IT AS IT IS NOW

This vehicle was converted by a retired fireman about 19 years ago. He did 3 trips to N Africa in it before selling it to me in 2016. I stored it for three years before preparing it for a two month Moroccan trip. It works perfectly and you could leave in it on another adventure tomorrow.

The basics are: Bull bar, snorkel, Patriot rack with Maggiolina Extreme (Medium) roof tent (with awning and changing tent), 60 litre water tank with Seagull filtration, Engel fridge freezer, intelligent leisure battery control unit, storage box, 9 Front Runner storage boxes, ARB compressor, bespoke aluminium roof storage box with 4 jerry cans (not fitted), CB Radio, Sony stereo, additional fuel tank (total 160 litres), spares worth circa £1K

Stuff I have done includes: 2 main and leisure battery before trip – all still under warranty, gearbox actuator, starter motor, turbo, rear springs, front wheel bearings

To sort out:

· I’ve jet washed it but not cleaned it since I got home so it still contains Sahara dust

· There is a small ding on the rear where the top rear wheel carrier attaches and other paint imperfections (but no rust)

· I didn’t use the CB so cannot vouch for it working, but it has both aerials

· There is a fuse gone or wire come adrift that power 8 auxiliary sockets and the CB

· There is a tiny tiny leak between the two fuel tanks, requiring a new connector fitting

· Oil and filter were changed 3,250 miles ago in Morocco, so due for another change soon

· New water filter (included) needs to be fitted

· The diff locks work most of the time, but need looking at. The likely issue is a lazy actuator. There is a brand new front diff lock included witht he spares

Please call me on 07899 792402 and ask if you are serious and want more details. I’m pricing it at £10K (vehicle £4K, conversion kit/spares £4K and roof tent £2K) if you drive it away as is. If I cannot get this for it I will spend the £1K it needs to address the above and put it to the market at a higher price. Vehicle located in TQ7, S. Devon

View attachment 155769 View attachment 155770 View attachment 155771
I wish you luck with your sale, and you have my sympathy as I also have had to give up overlanding for health reasons, after 15yrs of it it is hard to have to walk away, but there are always the memories and a computer full of pictures.

Thanks all. Today I have been looking at the options for converting what I have, but the prices are € high! I also want room for a friend or one of my kids to be able to stay in relative comfort and these conversions are really for couples. I thought that there would be some 2nd hand vehicles available in Germany due to their new emission rules meaning that 4.2TD's are taxed at €1,100 per annum whether used or not, but I can't find any

http://maltec.org/toyota/

https://toms-worldcruiser.com/wohnkabine/heckverlaengerungen/index.html

Sorry to swear on this forum, but if money were no object I would be buying a Euro 6 Iveco Daily 4x4 camper:

https://www.iveco.com/uk/products/pages/motorhome-iveco-daily-4x4.aspx

But, at megga money new this is out the question and they are too new and too rare to have any in the 2nd hand market. I am looking at what it would cost to buy a 2nd hand non camper and then convert it; with it being modern and Euro 6 I reckon the re-sale value would be much higher.

Swearing again, next weekend there are 60 of us in 30 Series 1 Land Rovers staying near Bambury and touring around the Cotswolds. We have been meeting every year for 25 years and alternate between the UK and somewhere in Europe. So avoid the Cotswolds if you don't want to be behind a convoy of vehicles travelling at 45mph!

Sorry to rant!

@Bat21 was doing a cut off conversion. Might be worth a chat.
I would totally consider a cur off conversion - if done correcrly at he right price. Having spent nearly two months in Morocco living outside unless I went intothe roof tent, here is where I am:

1. Cut the vehicle behind the front seats
  2. New rear body includes over the cab double bed, I'll pay the £300 extra for this to be in kevlar to keep the weight down
  3. With lithium batteries being so good now, save money on all the electrics. Just have USB sockets
  4. Forget a gas cooker, or have one of the new solar powered external ones. I used Jetboil for 7 weeks and ate well
Lots more but lets's chat. My view on vehicles is about buy and re-sale cost. Unfortunately, we 80 owners are now deemed to be dinosaurs. This is not due to the vehicle capability, but the very dew remaning

OK - decision made due to no take up at the lowest price I will take. I love it and will keep it (and could break it for £9K with the roof tent). 2 months research has shown me that to upgrade to a 'live inside' expedition 4x4 is going to cost me £50K +. So, I'll head off towards India in the 80 knowing I can stay in good hotels along the way, when available, with the money I am saving. But I just don't get why someone in the UK doesn't want a proven get in and go vehicle????

But I just don't get why someone in the UK doesn't want a proven get in and go vehicle????

Having never had an interest in such a vehicle, personally, I think the market for such a vehicle was always quite limited in the UK but I reckon the current focus on climate change/carbon emmission reduction, the anti diesel measures being implemented in numerous countries and not to mention the B word with all the added complexities that could bring for cross border travel certainly won’t be helping your sale. Crazy really when the numbers you mention make perfect sense and an absolute bargain compared to the cost (and effort) of prepping one yourself.

I agree with TP, although I'm surprised Shay didn't consider it as its fully kitted out and in good condition.
I think there have been a few of these on the market recently and they have been slow sellers, this might be as in Joe public's eye's the LR 110 Defender might be the first considered choice.
Some one I know is calling in tomorrow on his way back from a LR overland show to drop me something in, he says there will be hundreds there, we get 20 at an LC meeting and not all of them are overland prepared.
If this was in mainland Europe it would be worth double.

I agree with TP, although I'm surprised Shay didn't consider it as its fully kitted out and in good condition.
I think there have been a few of these on the market recently and they have been slow sellers, this might be as in Joe public's eye's the LR 110 Defender might be the first considered choice.
Some one I know is calling in tomorrow on his way back from a LR overland show to drop me something in, he says there will be hundreds there, we get 20 at an LC meeting and not all of them are overland prepared.
If this was in mainland Europe it would be worth double.
Thats interesting Andy.... A friends son and his Uni mates are planning an overland trip Through Africa. Typical students on a gap year kind of thing.. Drive to Spain then Morocco, and so on... when i was telling them about the landcruiser as a choice of vehicle... They Just replied. No!.. "you gotta do it in a Land Rover"..They had done their research (so they say) and were adamant it was gonna be a 110 Landy.... I wasnt gonna get involved..I should imagine they will be fine, Whatever..

Thats interesting Andy.... A friends son and his Uni mates are planning an overland trip Through Africa. Typical students on a gap year kind of thing.. Drive to Spain then Morocco, and so on... when i was telling them about the landcruiser as a choice of vehicle... They Just replied. No!.. "you gotta do it in a Land Rover"..They had done their research (so they say) and were adamant it was gonna be a 110 Landy.... I wasnt gonna get involved..I should imagine they will be fine, Whatever..
The youth of today:icon-rolleyes:...

I suppose it may depend on budget, but a prepped up Defender would be probably more than Nicks Cruiser.
If I was going Green Oval route I'd be seeking the best 200/300 Tdi Disco and prep that. Getting a good condition base vehicle is the key whatever they choose.

Back