Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Barrow man caught washing car amid lockdown tells cop to 'do one'

Was gonna wash mine at Morrisons yesterday and i'd have told cops to do one as well had they turned up . Contactless card only though so i never got to find out if a man alone having just got fuel deciding to wash his car 100 yards from the nearest person would exceed their common sense and have them invade my space .

Was gonna wash mine at Morrisons yesterday and i'd have told cops to do one as well had they turned up . Contactless card only though so i never got to find out if a man alone having just got fuel deciding to wash his car 100 yards from the nearest person would exceed their common sense and have them invade my space .
I thought it was a bit rich, and the paper don't seem to have reported the facts in depth, like how far apart were he and his dog walking mate, and how far away was he washing his car from other people.

Most of the general public fully understand the very important need for Social distancing, but there seems to be some inconsistency amongst Police Forces throughout the country with regard to the Social Distancing/lockdown law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah there will be because nothing is written in stone and police are as random as everyone else in personality . If you want to test a man's worth give him authority and see what he does with it .

" If you want to test a man's worth give him authority and see what he does with it " words of wisdom indeed.
Here in Spain the contradictions are mounting up.People have been spat at & had things thrown at them whilst walking down the street & it turns out that they're essential workers.Cutting firewood or going to the allotment are forbidden but doing it for a job with workmates is allowed.Folks in rural areas have been told not to garden but go to the shops to buy veg...100 000 fines have been given out & almost a 1000 arrests -none of them for the big funeral companies that have massively increased prices & charged folks for services they didn't perform.The economy is tanking & a lot of folks are in dire straights , with most if not all of the bailouts here going to big business with the bureaucracy creaking under the strain.There are videos doing the rounds on twitter of police giving out pastings to folks suspected of breaking the curfew.

Personally, I think it starts to loosen the whole point. Your reasons and logic are sound but someone will see you and relax their own view slightly more and it starts to slip away. I _just_ needed a sheet of ply from wickes. I could do that and still keep away from others. It'll slip away quickly.

Hopefully this entire dream is past us soon.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I must have missed the announcement. When did we enter lockdown?

Isn't this the relevant bit?
“It transpired that he had driven through to Ulverston from Barrow to walk his dog up the Hoad, with his friend who was from another household

So the man drove around 10 miles to walk his dog with another person from a different household. Journalism 101 - Never let the facts get in the way of a good headline. :icon-evil:

The fact that he was washing his car in the petrol station is neither here nor there.......the (automated) car washes are all open round here, there was even a queue for the one in Tesco yesterday. I even washed all our cars over the last few days, whilst on the drive. Probably never to be repeated again! :icon-rolleyes:

Is it 10 miles from Ulverston to Barrow, I'd have looked for a Cop much closer to Ulverston to say "Do one" to, and saved some gas money. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I washed my cruiser on my drive yesterday. I don’t think I was breaking the rules.

I’ve washed the cruiser a couple of times on the drive since the lock down, as have a few of the neighbours, so can’t see a problem in that. I even gave the Berg a good clean on the road at the bottom of the drive ( still muddy from the last outing :icon-redface:) and got some dirty looks from a few passers by who were probably thinking.........”I hope he’s not thinking of going out on that”.:laughing-rolling:

Last edited:
I even washed all our cars over the last few days, whilst on the drive. Probably never to be repeated again! :icon-rolleyes:

Just to clarify - washing your car on your drive is fine, no problem with that. When I said "probably never to be repeated again" - I meant that I wouldn't (mainly) because I'm a lazy bastard and not due to any isolation or coronavirus issues. :icon-wink:

Back