Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bash plate

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
Does anyone want part of the original bash plate 2006 lc3. I have been doing rust work under, these past weeks, and today have removed. The front part was rotted out when I got it, so binned that. The cenre part I unbolted, it is complete but very rusty with a few tiny perforations, (they are flimsy anyway) the rear part which is plastic is good. I purchased, as a replacement, a thicker steel three section one a few months ago on offer from Rumania, as recommended by, I think, one of the Tony's on here.
The original bits mentioned are free. I am in Bournemouth.

I fitted one of those plates from Romania a while back, not bad at all for the price, the original like yours was rusted, dunno what Toyota were thinking was nowhere near good as the substantial OE bash plate under the 90 series.

Noticed the bolt heads on the Romanian jobbie protrude underneath and could easily be snagged on something, so i got onto ebay and sourced some of the correct size stainless steel domed allen bolts, better now.
Useful it has a small bolted on plate for the drain plug, which some of the much more expensive branded products don't have.

Ah, it may have been you Juddian, that put me on to it, apologies if so., yeah Toyota penny pinching I guess, putting something like that on a 4x4 capable of going off road. My 78 has a thick alloy one on it, branded Toyota, but only covers a small amount, radiator primarily.
Good tip for the bolts, thanks. Domed bolts certainly make sense to slide off things.
This new ones bloody thick and heavy, I reckon you could jack lc on that, (I won't try)
These are well thought out and made, as you say. Good price on offer, no shipping, and came quicker than most stuff in UK
This old one will be cut up and go in the bin next week.

Back