Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Batteries

Julian

My Batteries are dying and need to be replaced shortly
As my future plans might involve putting a winch on the front, I am thinking of using this opportunity to up spec the batteries in preparation. What would you chaps with winches recommend? should I stick with standard Varta type and have a separate winching bat or should I put a nice pair of fancy ones in?
Thanks Chaps
J

I would just put good quality standard size / composition batteries in again Julian unless you're going to do some challenge events when you get your winch. The winch won't work for long anyway, it's electric :roll:

Does any body know what the amp hour out put is of the alternator of the 99 diesel is?
I have looked through the service pdf's I have and can see how to service it, but can't find it's output

Hi Julian
According to ToyoDiy the alternator output is either 80A or 120A. You'd need to check part no's to get the specific output.
Hope that helps!
Cheers,

2 batteries from Toyota themselves are £120...

I rang the other day as I need new ones...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
74 Ah sounds a bit small. Particularly if you think of winching. 2x 100 Ah is the standard and they normally have 800 to 900 CCA.

Jon Wildsmith said:
The winch won't work for long anyway, it's electric
Are you still not happy with that 'leccy' winch Jon??? New thread coming up maybe?

haven't used it yet so I can only go on past experience :mrgreen: If by some miracle this one actually works when I need it then I might start to be swayed :shock:

Back