Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Battery specs for a 120?

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
This is in relation to the 3.0 D-4D.

What is the largest battery we can fit into our 120s?

Is the maximum size the same for both sides?

What is the minimum CCA we need to start our cars?

I use the Varta G7 and G8 in mine, they are 95Ah wheras the Toyota originals were 85Ah I think. The G7/G8 give you the post terminals in the correct orientation, straight drop in fit.

Yes they are the same physical size and matched capacities for both sides.

I use the Varta G7 and G8 in mine, they are 95Ah wheras the Toyota originals were 85Ah I think. The G7/G8 give you the post terminals in the correct orientation, straight drop in fit.

Yes they are the same physical size and matched capacities for both sides.

They are 306mm length batteries which is good to know. That means I can look at some slightly bigger (wrt Ah) batteries.

900cca original spec each yusa. Replacement oe Toyota is 650cca yusa. The Amp Hr is interesting but dont forget the CCA

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This looks like a good solution. Perhaps even for both batteries?

https://carbatteries-online.co.uk/product/advanced-xd27-dual-purpose-leisure-battery/

105Ah
1000MCA / 750CCA
600 cycles
70% discharge allowed
Dual terminal
5 year warranty
Sealed & maintenance free
£90!
Looks like the perfect battery, if it's durable.
Except for orientation (that it's not mirrored). The distance from the positive pole to the nearest part of chassis/ body/earth is the reason for mirrored terminal layout. But if you can place it, and wire it, in a safe way, then go for it.

Battery mega store chaps did some good deals. My present set is 800cca I believe.

Orientation is important, the battery cables in there already are a good fit, wint stretch over to the other side - even if you were willing to take the safety risk of having the +ive on the wrong side.

My batteries are sat on white trays which are around 270mm long. This would restrict the length of my batteries. Are these trays standard? Did you chaps have them fitted?

My batteries are sat on white trays which are around 270mm long. This would restrict the length of my batteries. Are these trays standard? Did you chaps have them fitted?

I have plastic trays too, so I assume they are standard. Got my new batteries from Toyota for about £75 each.

I just sat bigger batteries on top of the trays in mine. In a 90 the limitation was more the height of the battery than the length. I guess it’s the same in a 120.

Back