Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

berkshire 4x4 show

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
not sure if this is the right place,but are any of you people going to the berkshire 4x4 show 14/15 august?
ive not been before but its local to me so planning to go on the saturday,anybody been before is it worth a day out?
cheers Gary :)

Went a couple of years ago - very LR focused :roll: Reasonable day out, the events are quite entertaining. Otherwise wandering around and browsing keeps you busy for an hour or 2. I wouldn't make a huge effort to go again but if it's close to you, then worth a look!

Gary Mead said:
not sure if this is the right place,but are any of you people going to the berkshire 4x4 show 14/15 august?
ive not been before but its local to me so planning to go on the saturday,anybody been before is it worth a day out?
cheers Gary :)
I've been twice, last year I was a marshall there, I had a great time, we had a two laps round a figure of 8 speed trial, the fastest time was a tricked up Rangie who did it in 1.36 mins, my nearly three ton 80 did it in 1.46, I was quite pleased with that :cool: , my sig pic is me doing it, but on a couple of corners however I think I came close to capsizing :shock: I'm hoping we do it again this year, I've now got an Allisport intercooler fitted, perhaps it will capsize this time :? The Rangie DID end up capsizing on a repeat run :lol:
I am supposed to be marshalling this year but I may not get back from Croatia in time for the begining but I will definitely be there on Sunday. Stephanie, the organiser has promised this year will be bigger and better, I think there will be more club stands there, Crispin? and more traders exhibiting. There will be the Red Dragon ride-on Monster truck and possibly other monster trucks (If that's your thing)
Chas

i'd rather go laning if we can sort it, but if not i will probably come up for a look.

I'm hoping to get there on the Sunday... :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I went there Friday night with the view of staying for the whole week-end, but it was crap this year despite the organiser saying it was going to be bigger and better, it wasn't :thumbdown: , I ended up going home Saturday afternoon. There were virtually no traders with 4x4 equipment, the fun fair didn't turn up because of the bad weather which also kept a lot of visitors away, the best thing was probably me crushing their axle twister ramp with my 80 :lol: , that got a good laugh anyway, all in all a big disappointment.
Chas

That sucks :(

Was planning on going there tomorrow!

Is it worth a few hours at £10 a head?

Never been, but I did pass there friday ;). It does not look that big?

Paul

ignat said:
That sucks :(

Was planning on going there tomorrow!

Is it worth a few hours at £10 a head?
I wouldn't bother if I was you.
Chas

Back