Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Best Tyre for rain and snow

Sumerian

Country Flag
lebanon
it looks I will be changing my tires, any suggestions for the best rain and snow tire for the lc100?

General Grabber AT2 are very similar in tread pattern, longevity and driving characteristics.

Rain and snow are opposites when it comes to tyres. All tests show that the tyres with the best grip on snow, has the worst grip on wet paved roads, and vice versa, except for some cheap tyres which are bad on everything.
But, seeing that you are in Lebanon (where I worked for 4 years), I understand that this will not be for driving for days and months on snow covered roads, so you should have a good selection of tires to chose from.
I got a set of BFG A/T ko2 last year, and I have tried to provoke them on wet roads, but never got any bad behaviour, slippage or aqua planing. And, they are very good on snow, at least when new. So good, that this last winter I put on my dedicated studded snow tyres only for a two week period in january/february, while I normally need snow tyres from oktober/november until march/april.

Thank you all for your help, I bought the BFG Ko2, have to test them on water

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you all for your help, I bought the BFG Ko2, have to test them on water

Well done, a good choice. Make sure you don't exceed 1M depth whilst you are breaking them in, after that any depth will be fine.

Back