Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

best way to bleed your fuel system

No the egr on the 1kz is just an add on rule beater designed long after the engine i bet .

No the egr on the 1kz is just an add on rule beater designed long after the engine i bet .

Stupid question what is the symtoms of clogged up egr valve cos i have noticed when i sit there not long after i start the engine i get a low hum and the rev counter moves a fraction with the sound.
Not sure but think this is since i have put the non return valve on the on the return pipe and engine pinking slightly but all goes when it warms up but sounds like a valve issue if that makes sence hence egr valve.

I have never experienced it so i don't know but i mentioned the egr because it can restrict air upsetting the fuel air ratio . My guess is egr symptoms would present themselves as fuel problems , no air no burn .

I have never experienced it so i don't know but i mentioned the egr because it can restrict air upsetting the fuel air ratio . My guess is egr symptoms would present themselves as fuel problems , no air no burn .

Use extra fuel is one of my symtoms but weather permitting will take it alart tmw and see wots going on.even a clean will help me thinks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It can't do any harm :thumbup:

When i need to remove the injection lines leading to the injectors do i only unscrew from the injectors to remove the inlet manifold as judgeing from the egr blank post thats how its done.

When i have to remove the manifold that crosses the engine what do i do with the throttle cable attatchment as thats were im not sure as can take pics but if i do it wrong i am buggered.

I never removed the inlet manifold (i used egr spray cleaner instead) so i can't help you with that .

The over engine pipe is just a pipe unbolt all the bits attached and lay them to one side . As far as i remember the throttle cable can be loosed in the same way as you adjust tickover speed and pulled out of the way .

I put an intercooler on mine which is currently off so here's a pic but it might look a little different

throttle cable 001.JPG

Thanks shayne will try it tmw as i want to remove the inlet and clean it properly.

When i need to remove the injection lines leading to the injectors do i only unscrew from the injectors to remove the inlet manifold as judgeing from the egr blank post thats how its done.

When i have to remove the manifold that crosses the engine what do i do with the throttle cable attatchment as thats were im not sure as can take pics but if i do it wrong i am buggered.

Tony, with the injectors, undo the pipe unions that go to the top of each injector (cover them up with plastic after to stop dirt getting in) and loosen all the plastic pipe clamps/guides. No need to disconnect pipes from top of fuel pump, as you will be able to gently bend pipes away from manifold.

On the throttle cables, each has two opposing nuts locking the cable to the brackets on the metal intake pipe that runs from the turbo to the inlet manifold. Loosen just one nut (so you don't alter the cable adjustment) and slide the cable off the bracket. The end of both cables detach from the throttle body by sliding the cylindrical shaped crimped cable ends out of the throttle body. Twist the throttle springs open by hand to take the pressure off the cables as you disconnect them. Just make a note of which way round the two cables route and fit to the throttle body, to avoid head scratching during refitting.

You will also need to slacken the power steering fluid reservoir if you want to remove the inlet manifold, as there isn't room to slide the manifold off its studs otherwise.

Another tip...the injector pipe union nuts will have a habit of sliding down the pipes to the top of the fuel pump. If you refit the manifold with the nuts in this position, it's a right fiddle to push the nuts back to the other end of the pipe to reconnect to the injectors. I used little cable ties around the injector pipes to hold the nuts at the right end, and then snipped off the ties after they were refitted.

Last edited:
Update on my fuel problem as since i done the banjo spring stretch my car has struggled to start first time with long cranks.
I got some good advice of members and one by one i eliminated my possible problems but still my car fails to start first time.
I ordered a new banjo bolt from mr T and has taken over 3 weeks to arrive but since i have fitted over a week ago its starts first time again as it was a compression valve but people told me that was never my problem but it was.:text-thankyoublue:

Last edited:
Back