best ways to decrease noise levels?

Kileni

Feb 22, 2015
Tunisia
Obviously an older car is going to make a little more noise, but what are some good ways to decrease the overall volume level inside the LJ70?

Thanks!

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Kileni

Feb 22, 2015
Tunisia
I will need to purchase some new ones soon. The more rugged they are, the louder they'll be, I'm sure. I just wanted to see if anyone had recommendations on best ways to make the LJ70 quieter in general while we've got all the interior removed.

Ben

Guru
I am in australia
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I did the entire floor pan of mine in a Dynamat type of product from a company called Car Builders, I then went over that in a thick acoustic foam mat that they also sell. :icon-cool:

http://www.carbuilders.com.au/

its made a reasonable amount of difference in terms of noise reduction but not as much as you would expect.

I've been told doing the doors makes more of a difference, so I will do them too at some point and also possibly the roof. :think:

Reactions: Kileni

Kileni

Feb 22, 2015
Tunisia
I did the entire floor pan of mine in a Dynamat type of product from a company called Car Builders, I then went over that in a thick acoustic foam mat that they also sell. :icon-cool:

http://www.carbuilders.com.au/

its made a reasonable amount of difference in terms of noise reduction but not as much as you would expect.

I've been told doing the doors makes more of a difference, so I will do them too at some point and also possibly the roof. :think:
You're an all star on here, Ben. Thanks for helping me again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks