Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bfg/at,s

al/c

Country Flag
uk
simple question really, are they any good for mostley road use on standard 16,s on an 4.7 amazon:think:

I have standard 16" alloys shod with BFG AT's (on a 80 series) and find them a very good compromise giving good grip on dry/wet/snowy roads and in the relatively infrequent and mild off road situations I encounter like muddy fields or deep wet grass etc. In deep mud I would imagine they'd clog quickly and lose grip though. Also very little road noise for the tyre type. I have the old pattern TA/KO's but there's a new KO2 pattern available with a different pattern and reckoned to be a bit better for series off roading.

I see no reason why not, it probably depends on the type/style of driving you do. If you're a pusher, hard cornering, swift off the lights and late braking sort of driver, then a more road biased tyre may be more appropriate.

But, anything more road biased than an AT will give you bother when Offroad, especially wet grass and mud.

I'm desperate to get my hands on a set of BFG KO2 ATs, 305/75/16 but can't find them here. 2nd choice would be the same tyre 305/70/16s, but can't find them either.

:pray:If you find a seller who would deliver a set of 5 to London, I'd appreciate a pm. I can arrange for transport and import from London to Romania. :thumbup:

Clive have you tried Camskill.co.uk give them a ring they will get them for you and deliver

I think i can guess where in London so it might be worth looking on ebay , iirc i got my last set of coopers on ebay delivered from Germany within days for cheaper than i could find them in the UK .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys, most helpful, I'll make some enquiries.

I've found that the husband of a colleague of mine, has a business which includes a haulage division, and they do regular runs from a warehouse in London, and he'll haul anything for me either from London, or anywhere en-route to Bucharest :dance:

I tested it last week, a shop in Belgium delivered a steel aftermarket wheel to their depot in Antwerp, and it arrived here 3 days later :thumbup:

I've found a guy who will import BFG AT KO2's at 160 quid each, if I order 5.
I wonder how that compares with the UK.
My searches for UK suppliers for 305/70/16's drew a complete blank for availability and price. :icon-cry:

I've found a guy who will import BFG AT KO2's at 160 quid each, if I order 5.
I wonder how that compares with the UK.
My searches for UK suppliers for 305/70/16's drew a complete blank for availability and price. :icon-cry:

What size is that Clive? 285/75?

£160 to your doorstep in Romania is not a bad price IMO, as the cheapest seem to be around the £140 mark here in the UK.

What size is that Clive? 285/75?

£160 to your doorstep in Romania is not a bad price IMO, as the cheapest seem to be around the £140 mark here in the UK.

No Chad, 305/70/16.
I thought it might be an OK price, now you've confirmed it, thanks matey!

Are they hard to get in the UK?
I ask because all the websites I've tried seem to draw a blank.

I fitted mine last week onto the 'lux.

Slight increase in road noise, slight decrease in mpg (now 26 from 28.5, but....its an entire tank around town then offroad, so expecting it back up to about 27.

Offroad - fantastic, the best I've had, including the BFG KM2's that were on the Prado, on some flooded and muddy tracks.

I paid about £145 each (forgot to get a spare - doh!), so £160 delivered sounds good.

Cheers Pete, looks like next week I'm shelling out on a set of 5 then.

Now, how am I going to break the news to my Bank manager....? :think:

I've got some 285/75R16 BFG AT/K02's on my 80 series and I love them! I previously had the old version BFG Mud's, and while they were unstoppable off-road, I found they handling on road less than desirable, especially when I knew my wife would be driving the cruiser.

Braking is significantly improved, corrugated dirt tracks handling in corners, straight aways and whoops sections all do great. They work well aired down on sandy beaches and the side biters really work well as part of the tread. They self clean fairly well, though I've not had them in any really thick mud.

The compound is far better than the previous gen BFG AT's and is far more chip resistant. I've noticed they're far quieter and I'm getting slightly better fuel economy too. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering getting new tires.

One more thing, I tow an off-road caravan around these parts, and I was able to do so off-road at around 50-55 mph when aired down a bit and never felt out of control. Regardless of the dirt or paved road condition, I always felt like they provided me a lot of control and great traction.

Clive, I got 4 of 235/85r16 on 2 weeks back. £108 + vat for the tyre, fitted and balanced with new valve etc.

Clive, I got 4 of 235/85r16 on 2 weeks back. £108 + vat for the tyre, fitted and balanced with new valve etc.

Wow, I don't know how much the size difference makes on the price, but that sounds very OK.

You our must be pleased with that, well done that man! :thumbup:

Back