Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BFG KM MUD Tyres

mettisse

Supporter
Many I ask if any one is using BFG MFG MUD tyres on an 80 as a daily driver, I ask as I am on the cusp of replacing my all terrains ,( the old version) not worn out but scruffy they’ve done about 40k miles and still quite good, I fancy the new Mud versions, but, are they as good as theA/Ts, all round? ( please send replies on a £10 note to this address) only joking of course, but I am serious about the tyres, I run 285/75/16 and would plan to use the same size. Thanks and best regards to all, Bill Westley

All would depend how time you are going to spend off road

The off road bias would be around 50% as I use the car as tow truck for the Froader and I go off road with it, I suppose the answer would be two sets of tyres, which is a possibility as I already have a second set of alloys, the reason I ask is a good pal,of mine has a set of Muds on a Patrol, well, it ain’t hit the tarmac yet As it’s just being finished off after a GM V8 has been shoehorned in, complete with supercharger. ( all alloy motor) To be honest the wheels and tyres ( ( BFG MUDS) look great, he has 33x15 and they are similar to the 285s. But the question is are they any good as a daily driver?

I have BFG KM2 MT on my HZ 78 and tbh I like the AT's better on road, my problem is I can't get a 255/85/16 in AT

Ownership of 285-75-16 BFG KO2 for 4 years plus very pleased with them. Overlanding with them is great along with a quiet level of noise on the road. Mud terrains would be a choice personally if used on mud terrain off-road a lot along with a long life on off-road distancing where they would hold up better for wear and tear. This is what was shared with experienced users.

I have BFG KM2 MT on my HZ 78 and tbh I like the AT's better on road, my problem is I can't get a 255/85/16 in AT
Thanks for the reply, I have to say I am delighted with the all terrains and I have used them on Discos ( 1 and2) my hybrid 300tdi and my Bruiser. on and off road, can’t really fault them except they do look scruffy and they ain’t worn out. I bought my first set in 1998. I do know that the A/Ts are great on the road, very good in snow and pretty good on the mud, I doubt I would change brands,. My recipe for all of my vehicles has been Old Man Emu suspension and BFG tyres, hard to imagine anything could improve on that.
Dervis, thanks, that’s what I needed to know, thanks to all for your replies, Best regards, Bill Westley

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back