Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big tyres

ZYE1382

Country Flag
uk
Hello fellow Landcruiser enthusiasts
I am new to the scene and wanted to know if anybody knew what is the biggest size of tyres and rims i could get away with on stock equipment ?

Also the possibility of a 2" Lift and what size of tyre and alloys that will allow me to fit

ideally i would like to use all terrain tyres off/road and road use.

Many thanks in advance

Much debate on this subject if you search the forum . 2" lift and 285/75 R16 on -30ish offset rims is the simple answer , but then you will have to trim inside the wheel arch with a grinder and remove mudflaps .

A body lift added to the 2" suspension lift makes a difference to
1636738791796.png

Last edited:
shayne what set up do you have on your prado ?
and if didnt want to that high would i still need the size you recommended

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
285/75 were the first tyres i bought then i made the truck fit them .

The smaller one above is the mrs car and it runs 285's now with only a 2" suspension lift . Must be a pic o the forum somewhere but i can't find it .

I think 265/70 on landcruiser 80 alloy rims is the subtle choice and it looks like it should have come from the factory new looking that way , Andy should be able to confirm ?

Morning Shayne

do you know if this tyre size will look good on the landcruiser swb 245/70c17
A guy from FB is selling them ?

That is a size I have never heard of on a 90 so its unlikely i will find pics .

I would strongly advise you find a truck you like the look of to copy because we can usually work out from a pic whats involved .

If your budget has you trawling for used stuff standard 80 series wheels and tyres should bolt right on .

Beau runs 22" wheels just to be different , there are endless options so despite vaguely knowing what i wanted right from the start in all i bought either 15 or 20 wheels before deciding thats as good as it gets . I do still sometimes wonder should i look for alloys in my current size :sad-roulette:

Beau's truck , though i think he's running different alloys of a similar size now

1636798907102.png

To be honest with you I like these that are on the prado I think they look just about right without looking way too big or too small off/and road capabilities
Can you tell what size they are by the pic ?

Attachments

• 444FB60D-7F74-408A-BB1D-7867F45B51BB.png
    444FB60D-7F74-408A-BB1D-7867F45B51BB.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
Similar look to my 305/70 r16 toyo open country . I never did put them on 16x8 rims but that might be whats in the pic ?

No stock rims on the 90 are something like 16x7 with a positive offset of maybe 15 , they belong on a Prius . That truck you posted definitely has a 2" lift and at the very least a zero offset 16x8 but more likely a negative offset .

Whatever tyres you have already they will look better on different wheels .

Negative offset is like adding wheels spacers , a positive offset makes the stance narrower hiding the wheels under the body .

I’m totally confused Shayne
All I want is some beefy aggressive liking tyres that stand out it at the same time which can go off roading and road use
You have seen my lift on the car just want to fill those arches up without going too extreme
Clearly you know more than me so I’m asking your opinion What do you have in mind that I should go for ?

Have seen your lift ?

post up a pic again please , but i'm thinking now Andycruiserguylomas had the look you want on his black on black 95 , I can't find a pic of that one . Andy where for art thou ?

Here what mine currently looks like to be honest I asked the previous owner if had a lift installed and he said no but I’m more than certain that this looks a lot lifted than your factory landcruiser obviously you will know better than me but I’m sure it looks higher than stock

Attachments

• 3F8D8616-A0D1-4D7F-95DA-25F38B1A7F4A.png
    3F8D8616-A0D1-4D7F-95DA-25F38B1A7F4A.png
    522.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 50D10BC8-25FE-4AAE-A10D-9A73BB8B2038.png
    50D10BC8-25FE-4AAE-A10D-9A73BB8B2038.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 49
That looks surprisingly good , do you have wheel spacers fitted ?

Shayne like I said buddy I only bought the car 4 days ago
The guy who I bought it from didn’t know much about the tyres and what others would fit

Back