Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bilndo HD Alloys, anyone here running them?

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
As per the title, is anyone here running these on their 80?

I'm due a tyre change and will also (finally) be converting my 91 80 series front discs to the larger ones, so will be fitting 16" rims.

I like the look of the Blindos and they are supposed to be bomb proof.

Anyone have any photos of them fitted to an 80?

As per the title, is anyone here running these on their 80?

I'm due a tyre change and will also (finally) be converting my 91 80 series front discs to the larger ones, so will be fitting 16" rims.

I like the look of the Blindos and they are supposed to be bomb proof.

Anyone have any photos of them fitted to an 80?
Not seen those but they do look very nice indeed. Good find. :clap:

Been looking at them for ages but just to m7ch for me right now.

Love the fact they say the landrover defender ones fit a 101. The 101 is 6 stud to start off with

Yes SC they do look great, I have seen them on a Land Rover but not on an 80.
When I spoke to them and asked what the centre bore is I was told it is 110mm. The LC ones are 106.1mm
Apparently they come with adapter rings.... does this sound normal?

Not seen these before....The price seems a bomb plus says 16x7 being smaller than the 16x8 from the 80's rim?

Great looking wheel that is. As Dervis said, if 7" width is the only option it limits the tyre choices size wise.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I will be changing from the 33 x 12.5 x 15 I usually run and going with either 265/75R16 or 235/85R16 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx.

Both should be fine on 7” rims.

I will be changing from the 33 x 12.5 x 15 I usually run and going with either 265/75R16 or 235/85R16 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx.

Both should be fine on 7” rims.
Have you found a source for the ST Maxx? When I was looking all I could find was personal import from the US. Went for the STT pros. So far, very happy with them.

Nice wheels but zero offset 16x7 will look awful on an 80 IMO .

After reading this I decided wide doesn’t necessarily mean better grip in sand.

It doesn't, or in the majority of conditions encountered such as muddy lanes or hard packed snow. Airing down is the single most important factor in sand and for that you want a tyall tyre that will air down well.
I run 235/85 and they're fine with an all up weight over 3 tons, more than happy with them in mud sand or anything else. I ran 7.50s in the desert which are even narrower and are/were standard fitment on most NGO and military landcruisers and landrovers. The only issue was I couldn't get the offset I wanted in a 7 inch rim so I use 8 inch, but thats really a little too wide for this tyre, it can make it a bit tricky getting the bead to seat. A 265 would be fine, I am toying with the idea of 245 or 55 when the time comes to change just to make them sit easier.

Skinny for go, wide for show!!

IMG_2479.JPG

You would be loosing height under the diffs which is the most important. 235 will not float as much as 285 if you were to air both down the same.

So my thoughts in the UK mainly rocks and MUD a tall narrow tyre to cut down through the soft stuff on top to the harder below the surface. In sand of other soft terrain you want to go wide to help with floating on top of the media driven on.

You would be loosing height under the diffs which is the most important. 235 will not float as much as 285 if you were to air both down the same.

So my thoughts in the UK mainly rocks and MUD a tall narrow tyre to cut down through the soft stuff on top to the harder below the surface. In sand of other soft terrain you want to go wide to help with floating on top of the media driven on.
that doesn't make any sense, clearance isn't affected by width but the aspect ratio of the tyre (the 85 bit of 235/85). Unless your 285 has a deeper wall than the 235 it won't increase it's footprint any more than a 235 of equivalent side wall depth.
Loss of clearance under the diff by airing down is negated by the fact you aren't sinking in as much. You will have more clearance under the diff when aired down on soft sand than not aired down so it's a largely irrelevant factor in that scenario.

The reason a wide tyre doesn't work well in sand is because it builds a ridge of sand in front of the tyre, causing inertia. So your actually more likely to bog with a wide tyre.

Airing down your tyre can increase footprint by 100% or better, to achieve that with a wide tyre you would need to be running a width of 470mm!!!

The gain in floatation from the extra 50mm width of the 285 is minimal and more than negated by the additional resistance of the wider tyre.

Proper sand tyres like the MIchelin XS (which I have used) are very pointy and narrow.

The performance of a narrower tyre over a wider tyre in sand is well established.

If you look at what options are around in 235 and 265 you will see that both are 31inch tyres when the tyre fitted is a 33 inch tyre.

How does a narrower tyre work.better in sand?

If you look at what options are around in 235 and 265 you will see that both are 31inch tyres when the tyre fitted is a 33 inch tyre.

How does a narrower tyre work.better in sand?
like I've explained above

Back