Bit of a project going on.....

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Www.landcruiserparts.co.uk
Giant sunroof for boris.

20180207_201709.jpg 20180207_201709.jpg

Last edited:
An alucab or similar flip up roof system going on is it Karl?

Cant afford alucab ben. Ive had a outback alloy shell tent for a while so thats gone on it. Bit of a protortype thing but will do the job for us.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is there anything structural up there or just a big sheet of steel? Just wondering how it will fair with any twisting.

Up where karlos? The existing roof or do you mean the tent?

The existing roof. Just wondering really as the vehicle is designed to go over difficult terrain there must be loads of twisting force. They always say when a sports car gets turned into a convertible it loses structural rigidity.

Your right. A sports car doesnt run a full chasie though.
Theres a full support that ive left in all aroubd the roof. Ive also left the support at the back where the tailgate is. Theres only really one other support thats been cut out.

Not all all shayne. You would have done the same:)

Im not one to plan something over and over. Im just a guy that does what he wants rather than wanting to do it but then bottle it.
Half hour with grinder and hey presto.nothing to it lol

I know what your saying Karl , it took the mrs a while when i first met her to accept i was fixing things when i took a sledgehammer to stuff in the house , when its gone we have a blank canvas to start fixing :lol:

Your right. A sports car doesnt run a full chasie though.
Theres a full support that ive left in all aroubd the roof. Ive also left the support at the back where the tailgate is. Theres only really one other support thats been cut out.
Been in a troopy in Kenya with the roof cut out in a similar way and a flimsy sun shade 500mm above to allow for game viewing etc Looks great Karl

I know what your saying Karl , it took the mrs a while when i first met her to accept i was fixing things when i took a sledgehammer to stuff in the house , when its gone we have a blank canvas to start fixing :lol:

Been there,donr that. More times than i care to remember lol.

Been in a troopy in Kenya with the roof cut out in a similar way and a flimsy sun shade 500mm above to allow for game viewing etc Looks great Karl

Thanks ben.

Its nice to be stood up inside the truck with the tent doors down. Looking forward to the travels in him sat on a beach somewhere.

Tonight has proven that cutting the hole was the easy bit.
A ljttle more head scratching needs to be done to work out the best way to moubt the bed so i can keep the bedding up top.

Back