Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bit of a shock

joinerman

Garage
Sat here feeling sorry for myself, Tuesday night i suddenly felt really ill with a tight painful chest, dizzy faint sweating like crazy, oh called 999 & a paramedic arrived within minuets, he immediately did an ECG which he was concerned with & scanned it on his iphone app to Wexham park hospital who said get me there asap, ambulance arrived within minuets & i was rushed to hospital, straight into theater & the did an angeagram, bugger that hurt, luckily not a full on heart attack but my arteries are furred up a bit & docs have said I've had a warning to change my lifestyle a bit, can't go back to work for a week & even then no heavy lifting which is part of my daily life, got a large hole in my groin & wrist which if i damage will probably kill me as there arteries bunged up, there sore as well, what with the expense of xmas now another week off & tax at the end of the month i'm suddenly struggling, but alive.

Never been in an ambulance before & i don't like travelling backwards at the best of times but i was strapped onto the stretcher & off we wen blues & 2s the works, paramedic plumed me into more equipment & we were travelling at speed when all of a sudden he braked hard locked everything up & we swerved hard one way & started to tip over then hit something which put us back on all four wheels & went into a swerve the other way & some how the driver managed to straighten it up & driver shouted sorry but we have to carry on, the paramedic treating me was thrown onto the top of my oh & both ended up on the floor behind the driver, equipment spilled out of lockers all over me. It turned out the some lowlifes had hurled a wheelie bin into the road in front of the ambulance, driver came and saw me yesterday & apologized but believe me it wasn't necessary.

Better to receive a growl than a bite JR there's no solution for a problem not recognized . I find the wheelie bin incident more shocking :wtf: is wrong with the world ?

I would feel very inclined to stamp on someones head several times had i witnessed that !

Best of luck with your recovery mate i do hope its a case of less chips more fruit and a few tablets to reverse the problem .

:sock: scary story.

As for the pricks with the wheelie bin - a public flogging is needed for knobs like that. Doing it to a car is one thing, an ambulance with lights on... come on.

Hope you get better soon!

Bloody eck, bad news on the furred up bits, but wtf about the bin! Unbelievable. There must be footage of it the the ambulance has a camera? They might catch the scroats.

Feckin hell, I can sort of understand the yoof of today protesting against the police but why the emergency services? it makes no sense at all. Better an early warning than a fatal one JM, I hope you take it easy and make a speedy recovery.

Blimey mate, you really have been in the wars last couple of years. I don't think I'd bother with a lottery ticket..

Take it steady chief and get better soon.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Blimey, sorry to hear this, you really have had a do mate.

As said, you're lucky to have had a warning, at least you can do something to reverse the situation.

We maintain our trucks to the highest standards, but most of us press on regardless when it comes to our own health issues, fix it after it's broke, without any preventative maintenance, me included.

Fresh fruit & veg from now on, that's an order, no coffee no fat no chips, lean meat, no.... sorry, you know what's coming... but at least you'll be alive to complain about it.

Best of luck matey.

Sorry to hear that JM, hope you're soon on the mend. As for the idiots with the wheelie bin, can I be next in line after Shayne with my size 9s. It really beggars belief.

Just goes to show, we never know what's round the corner.
Best wishes
Rich

Thanks to all for your good wishes, we all here of people who live on junk food, drink smoke & obese having heart attacks & strokes well i don't fall into any of those categories, I'm five foot five weigh nine stone ten pounds don't smoke or drink, eat well, chips are oven not fried, eat plenty of fruit, on my feet all day & walk a mile every lunch time purely for exercise, I'm 64 pretty fit & agile still so it don't make sense to me.

My missus step dad weights nothing, eats healthy, and cycles about a hundred miles a week. Last year he collapsed and ended up having a heart bypass. Hes 62. Like you he was asking what more could he do?

From previous posts im guessing you stress about work. They say stress isnt good for us, but i don't think it clogs up arteries..

anyway, all the best.

Thanks to all for your good wishes, we all here of people who live on junk food, drink smoke & obese having heart attacks & strokes well i don't fall into any of those categories, I'm five foot five weigh nine stone ten pounds don't smoke or drink, eat well, chips are oven not fried, eat plenty of fruit, on my feet all day & walk a mile every lunch time purely for exercise, I'm 64 pretty fit & agile still so it don't make sense to me.

There's no rhyme or reason IMO, I recently lost my sister to a cancer tumor on her lung and she's never smoked, and typically lived a healthy life, balanced diet with plenty of excersise. I'm convinced it's luck of the draw mate, and you were one of the lucky ones.

Live and respect your life, and enjoy, this isn't a trial run...

Get well soon man.
Apart from the usual changes take a look at stuff like garlic, ginger and apple cider vinegar as a supplement to the meds the doctor prescribes. As hideous as it sounds, starving/fasting a couple of days a week can help in some cases. Glad it was a shot across the bows and not one to the hull, below the waterline.

Back