Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ73 Rear bench

Dunehopper

Hi,

my new old BJ73 came without a rear bench but I want to put in one now. It seems that benches from LJ70/BJ70 do not fit the BJ73, right? And I am a bit confused as there once obviously was a rear bench in my car (you can still see the marks where the seatbelts have been mounted, the head cushions are there as well) but I cannot find where the bench should be mounted on the chassis. Can maybe someone load up a photo how it should look like? Or can someone provide a scan from the workshop manual where the mounting of the rear bench is shown?

Markus

I just see that there is a "70 series chassis and body" manual post in the download section but I don't have permission to download. How can I get this permission?

On my friend's BJ73 the seat belts are mounted to the roll bar and he still has the original rear bench fitted and I will photograph it for you but I will not be at his place until near the end of this month but if that helps...

I think, others will correct me if I'm wrong, that you have to have made a number of posts to the forum before you can download.

Good looking truck.

And welcome

Regards,

Rodger

Hi Rodger,

Thanks for your reply. Any help is very much apreciated. If I figure out how to do it before the end of the month I will let you know.

Markus

Hi Rodger,

Meanwhile I found was I was looking for, so no need for the photos any more. Can someone confirm that the free end of the outer rear seat belts is simply mounted to the bottom plate close to the wheel housing? It looks a bit weired to me as the mounting plate at the loose end of the seat belts is simply flat and not at an angle.

Markus

Maybe this photo (taken years ago) will help to answer your question.
DSCF4209a.jpg

Regards,

Rodger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This photo doen't show how the free end is fixed, unfortunately. But I found this photo:
seatbelts rear.jpg
Maybe someone can confirm that this is the original assembly.

yup, thats it. the free end is just bolted onto the the rear bed. the inertia real units are mounted slightly differently on mine but thats the standard installation.
ill try and get a close up photo tomorrow

Back