Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Black Collie suspension opinions sought.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
As I am working away on the jobs on the Collie I've turned my attention to the very saggy suspension.
This was the clearance between the rubber cone and the spring perch on the rear 21mm.

IMG_0615_zpsfbt0zx14.jpg

I had aquired a pair of rears from Marsie which were dimensionally the same as the Collie rears but slightly thicker coils so I thought I'd fit them for a try.

IMG_0618_zps7hzvq5f9.jpg

The resulting lift made it look something like this, (or exactly like this really)

IMG_0620_zpslzlkefee.jpg

Jacking the front up by1" made it look like this

IMG_0622_zpsrltxbgwf.jpg

Jacking it up 2" made it look like this:-

IMG_0624_zpsqe5pgtby.jpg

which looks about right to me.

The rears springs would seem to be Pro Comp +2" and ride well but I cant seem to find where to get some fronts to match, (Preferably Pro Comp) tried a couple of places but they only do LR stuff.
I only really need a 2" lift without too much uprating as I won't be adding any extra weight to it in order for the stance to be correct. I'd settle for a pair of S/H known quality ones at a push.
Any ideas Collie lads with experience in this dept?

Andy

Last edited:
Sorry Andy, can't help on where to source the front springs but that last pic looks spot on.

I personally think that a 2" lift is ideal for the Collie.

Last pic gets my vote too.

Umar had some IM suspension for sale a while back but i think his truck did once carry a winch on a tray . Roughtrax Monroe +2" suspension is suited your unmodified weight . If its just the look you want i have still have coil spacers somewhere that give a 2" lift .

Hi Andy, that is one good looking cruiser R you 2 ok from Tony:thumbup:

Thumbs up on the stance in the last pic Andy.

I'm not a collie person but to me a lift makes the vehicle, otherwise it's just a bigger car somehow.

It looks like it could go somewhere now. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Update:-

After taking Shaynes kind offer of trying his spacers for the front, I got them fitted ( quite a ba**ard job on your own with nuts which have decreased in size by 2mm due to corrosion) over 2 nights and the result is this:-

IMG_0628_zpsoptqide8.jpg

At first there was a bit more noticeable roll which I have got used to but the ride isn't noticeably different just looks the part.

Looks good i much prefer the nose down go get em look :thumbup: I had to add spacers to my rear springs to get it after a 2" HD Pedders lift , no winch bumper you see .

Looks spot on, I find having the rear a little higher is ideal as firstly, when driving the front tends to ride up a little which levels it out, and most of the time they'll probably be a bit of weight in the back which will also level the truck off

Back