Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blasphemy Corner --If You Couldn't Have a Land Cruiser?

"Grimbo , what evidence do you have that the Grenadier would not have the strength and build quality of a 70/79 Series? I’m not doubting you as the 70/79 Series are very tough trucks but I don’t think that this have been proven"

Fair point in that very little has actually been seen of the vehicle in real life and their marketing is closely controlled with a lot CGI and not the real vehicle....
They seem reluctant to let it be seen in challenging conditions , as Bob stated parts availability "out bush" would be limited and the basic chassis design is much lighter weight than a 70 or 105 series...

The vehicle looks like it has been tailored to be a Defender replacement with better road manners and that has limited their creative thoughts.... I've had Defenders ....they were good farm run-arounds but their success was because they had a cheap and plentiful supply of part and after market goodie company's and a loyal band of followers ....neither of which the Grenadier has... and it's not going to be cheap.... shame because it has only a 10 year lifespan probably at best ...even bigger shame they didn't do this 20 years ago

I actually think/ see-it as more of the Hilux grade than the 70 series grade.

small niche auto makers being one of utter reliability, high build quality and easy access to parts and..... no.. no its the opposite of all those things almost without exception
I fear this is likely to be the best prediction about the whole affair, sadly.

Back