Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blue 60 spotted.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Trucking down the A1 6.45 this morning saw a blue square headlight 60 cracking on heading north towards Blyth (Notts) . Looked pretty good but one I've not seen before. The blue ones ( same as Haydon's) are pretty rare and it had its white side decals intact. Anyone know??

Theres a blue one for sale on the Toyota Landcruiser Mart Facebook group, looks very tidy

Theres a blue one for sale on the Toyota Landcruiser Mart Facebook group, looks very tidy

Mmmmn, might well have been the same one, there can't be many about that colour and with its original decals and its from 50 miles away from where I saw it. The one I saw had the wider tyres on like that one I did notice but it was doing 70 the other way.

that's why I posted, can't be many in good condition around

Saw that one, looks tidy for the price although it says it has some rust on the body but doesn’t show it in the pics

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
X reg, one of the very first ones. It looks like a restored one to me unless the 87 on decals are there to take the eye away. If its an original one it will have the 4 speed box.

X reg, one of the very first ones. It looks like a restored one to me unless the 87 on decals are there to take the eye away. If its an original one it will have the 4 speed box.

Its had a full respray I'd guess. the engine compartments are painted grey and not body colour.

Its had a full respray I'd guess. the engine compartments are painted grey and not body colour.

I served my time in a Toyota dealership in the late 80’s it was very common for engine bays and trunks to be a base colour and different to the exterior body colour

Cheers

5 speed was an option I believe, from 1982 on with a mechanical 4wd selection. became standard in 1985.
looks nice, I do like the round lights

5 speed was an option I believe, from 1982 on with a mechanical 4wd selection. became standard in 1985.
looks nice, I do like the round lights

Five speed wasn't an option in 82 I'm afraid as the chassis had to be re designed to take a different cross member to suit the five speeder.

Heres a cheaper one if you have deep pockets, for fuel as well as the resto

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-TOY...020718?hash=item2f26f4802e:g:8JQAAOSwzGBb~Vl4

'Some rust on roof':laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Its one of my old ones, I sold it him for a grand. It had original split rims on when I sold it. The winch bumper off it is on Wills 60.

Back