Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BMW Parts prices!!!!!

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
You thing Toyota parts are expensive? Try £12 for 2 O rings from a local BMW dealer for the AC condenser!! That's taking the piss BIG time.
No different with the bikes either. A guy at work has a mate who had the clutch on his 1200GS changed at the franchised dealer. Not only was the clutch several hundred £ but they sheared a stud in the process and charged him £90 just to remove and replace it. This is one reason why I would never ever buy a BM.

You thing Toyota parts are expensive? Try £12 for 2 O rings from a local BMW dealer for the AC condenser!! That's taking the piss BIG time.
No different with the bikes either. A guy at work has a mate who had the clutch on his 1200GS changed at the franchised dealer. Not only was the clutch several hundred £ but they sheared a stud in the process and charged him £90 just to remove and replace it. This is one reason why I would never ever buy a BM.

PartSouq do BMW too.

This was my Dad's car. We sourced a new condenser on the net and he had a guy (ex BMW mechanic) who he's used before and been very happy with to fit it for him. Looks like he buggered an O ring fitting it as it wouldn't regas so he went to the dealership for the new rings. It's not so much the the fact that they can be bought much cheaper elsewhere that pisses you off, hell, you can walk into Halfords and buy a packet of them for under £4! It's more the fact that they can can actually get away with charging prices like that.

That seems unusually expensive tbh, not normally that much!

Btw quite welcome to drop me a pm if need parts or stuff pricing.

Toyota parts are eyewatering expensive, although sometimes they do suprise me, like 168e for an alternator and £40 each for battery trays, I suppose I'm just used to landrover prices, but then, their parts benefit from economies of scale!!:sweatsmile:

As said above I found some parts expensive but then I remember getting brakes all round for not much more than copied parts and drop links for my bm were cheaper than on line.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I find Europarts very good for bits

I use them to for wiper blades and such, they are also very good for oil I get semi synthetic for about £1 a litre.

However for more crucial parts it is Toyota genuine from the dealer or Amayama, I think genuine is worth the extra price.[/QUOTE]

Back