Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bonjour from France

loco_ola

Country Flag
france
Hi All,

I've been changing the head and sorting other bits and stuff with the help of some of you, thought I should finally put a picture up.

Here she is, a 93 KZJ 73, 280,000 kms with the removable roof.

I got it last year and have been trying to fix an occasional overheating issue. Now have new silicone oil in the fan, 76 degree thermostat, pressure tested and resurfaced head. Still waiting to test it properly as the heat gauge doesnt work which is driving me a bit nuts.

I haven't added any mods yet I don't think the front lights are standard, and obviously it's got some chrome bars. Some basic speakers have been added in the back, but otherwise it's standard.

I am fairly new to the 4x4 game I bought it for some adventures here in the Alps (mountain biking and visiting nice isolated places) and general transport in winter.

landycru.jpg

Can't say enough what a good resource you guys are also how bloody awesome Simon Holton is in the UK for sourcing parts, I found his details on here somewhere.

Nice looking Truck, good luck with the temp gauge.
+1 for Simon Holton

Where in the Alps are you as we are going there in late June again

That is one cracking looking truck loco! I think SWB 70s look great in that colour (sorry Ben), I've always liked it, now seeing your pic I'm pining for one again… bugger!

You should have entered that shot for the calendar, nit quite to the exacting requirements of the judges but might have stood a fair chance.

Welcome anyway, I was late to introduce myself as well, so you're not alone.
Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes
Rich

Where in the Alps are you as we are going there in late June again

Down in sunny Barcelonnette in the south, it's a magic valley with some stunning scenery

upload_2017-12-23_12-0-42.png

upload_2017-12-23_12-2-32.png

I only read about the calendar yesterday, or I could have actually got a camera out and driven to somewhere pretty. Maybe even given it a polish! Next year!

Thanks for the welcome :)

Back