Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bonnet flutter.

Mine used to do it, lifting the stops had the bonnet line above the wing.

There is a solution.

First wind the stops right down, there is a centre spar under the lock, file the holes into slots and pull the mechanism down quite hard and tighten the IIRC 5 bolts, 3 + 2 in the spar?

Now close the bonnet to confirm it sits lower than the wings, open and adust the outer stops.

Ultimately your trying to put a 'bow' in the bonnet which will not happen as the leading edge is rolled, you do need to drop the bonnet to get it to engage in the lock, but no need to slam.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Mine used to do it, lifting the stops had the bonnet line above the wing.

There is a solution.

First wind the stops right down, there is a centre spar under the lock, file the holes into slots and pull the mechsnism down quite hard and tighten the IIRC 5 bolts, 3 + 2 in the spar?

Now close the bonnet to confirm it sits lower than the wings, open and adust the outer stops.

Ultimately your trying to put a 'bow' in the bonnet which will not happen as the leading edge is rolled, you do need to drop the bonnet to get it engage in the lock, but no need to slam.

Regards

Dave

Cheers Dave.
I've taken the spar out and slapped an intercooler in there, but given your advice im going to replace the pressed spar with a bent bar or strap that clears the intercooler and puts the crossmember the lock is mounted to under tension.

Cheers Dave.
I've taken the spar out and slapped an intercooler in there, but given your advice im going to replace the pressed spar with a bent bar or strap that clears the intercooler and puts the crossmember the lock is mounted to under tension.

:thumbup:

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back