Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake "hissing" noise

Boon

Country Flag
australia
I have got a new S200,2018 model. When the brake is depressed there is a hissing noise intermittently. I am told by Toyota mechanic/agent that this is normal. Can anyone let me know if they have the same issue and is this a normal functioning noise?

My 150 does the exact same thing. Other then the hissing everything has been working fine and to be honest I hardly hear it now. It must be a new Toyota feature if if the 200 does it as well.

Sounds like it might be to do with the brake booster but I’ve never heard it on another vehicle. At least I don’t think I have.

I have got a new S200,2018 model. When the brake is depressed there is a hissing noise intermittently. I am told by Toyota mechanic/agent that this is normal. Can anyone let me know if they have the same issue and is this a normal functioning noise?
I have had a 2017 vx since new and it was the first thing I noticed, I was told all is normal... have had no issues at all and really love my beast. On another note I have noticed a very slight shudder while the air con is working while breaking too, I was told this is normal also.
Cheers

Back