Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake Pads - front at the moment.

Dave Burgess

A well worn question, I know, but who is using what? Time to update...

I have been quite happy with the EBC Green Stuff pads in the front for at least 15000 miles (on OE discs) but they are up for changing (no shock there I hear you say). I'd happily go with Green Stuff again, but EBC are offering the Yellow Stuff (track day for light cars type spec) and also an Orange Stuff (6000 series) pad for 4x4 these days. Always thought the Greens needed to warm up a little to work well and I'm used to that, but I suspect despite their claims the Yellows will need quite a lot of warming, though they claim good cold bite from the Orange. Incidentally I've never used OE pads, so that may be an option. Discs will be new too...

What are your experiences with pads?

Well, don't feint, but Karl at Milner gave (yes gave) me a set of their new pads to try seeing as I was going through OEM at 1000 mile intervals. Well that truck takes some stopping and off road dirt wears them down. And .....?

Frankly they are the best pads I have had on an 80. They certainly stopped me better and they're only half gone. I got through a set of OEM and a set of EBC to roughly this half set so far. I will be putting some more in on the grey truck when I put the slotted discs on

Got blue print pads all round and stops well.
Used Milner pads in the past and they were ok, motor stopped so must've worked lol.

These may be newer than that Gary. They're quite recent. It says ceramic I think on the box, but they look like pads used to do before the banned all the good stuff. Cough.

The Greens have lasted well, but the Yellow and Orange are ceramic based compounds.

Can the Milner pads really only be £9.00 +vat? Worth a go if they're as good as you say, Chris. Only if they're not, it could be catastrophic!!!

These may be newer than that Gary. They're quite recent. It says ceramic I think on the box, but they look like pads used to do before the banned all the good stuff. Cough.

It was pre Toyota I used them on so couple years ago. I was lucky to get 1500miles out of any set of pads regardless of price. Used to carry spares lol. Truck was off road/out laning twice a month

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dave as unlikely as it sounds, these are the best pads I have had. I noticed an immediate difference. My truck is quite hard to stop with these ridiculous tyres on and genuinely I got through a full set of OEM pads in 1000 miles. I was at Frickley and couldn't stop at all. I got home and I was on the steel backing plates. That's when Carl showed me these. I didn't really but it to be fair but they were free. I heard so many tales like Gary's where the pads were soft as Dairy Milk and filthy too. But I stuck them in anyhoo. They're still in there and last time I checked, still good. And the truck stops better than it ever has. I have been giving Milner feed back on these hence the comments on the advert. Now, as with anything, might I have had he only decent set ever made? Is is barely plausible that Milner could have £9.00 sets that are better than EBC and Toyota? I have to say I'd be sceptical. But for a tenner and with my experience they have to be worth a shot I'd say.

I find Toyota pads to give me twice as much life then any other pads, have tried the EBC, milner stuff and Mintex and Toyota stuff have always come out better

Back