Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bricky John

Wow that's a tall order. Only from a breaker I'd think. Well yes you could buy new from Toyota, but you don't want to know the price.

Thanks Chris, been looking everywhere, not like land rivers where you can buy of the shelf salvo ones.
Failing that do you know anyone who's good and got the time with a mug welder?

There are quite a few being broken on ebay, But i guess you would have to buy the whole Truck or wait a while for the dealer to have sold everything Till there was 'Nowt' left except the Chassis... Then there is the reason most Colorado's are being Broken??? Its because they are Beyond 'Mug' Welding.. Good luck...... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have looked many a time for someone selling a new 90 chassis without luck but both my 98 and 2001 90 series are a long long way from needing weld so there is hope at the breakers .

Insurers would likely write both my trucks off for a chip in the windscreen , must buy a brand new disposable car every 3 years if you want to save the planet don't you know :icon-rolleyes:

There are quite a few being broken on ebay, But i guess you would have to buy the whole Truck or wait a while for the dealer to have sold everything Till there was 'Nowt' left except the Chassis... Then there is the reason most Colorado's are being Broken??? Its because they are Beyond 'Mug' Welding.. Good luck...... :thumbup:
Thanks for the reply, I've owned a few of these and the chassis probs are a nightmare if not kept on top of.
Will keep searching the net.

That being siad, if you got a bare chassis, welding on it would be soo much easier. Doing it on the wheels as it were is torture. Likely to find a scrapper / MOT failure due to minor stuff like brake lines and so on, which a good enough chassis. Get it blasted and painted you should have a Cruiser that will last forever

Yeah there's a thought if your up to the job of swapping everything onto a new chassis then anyone with a welder can make a bare chassis frame good again , if i wasn't sure it would take me a year or more i'd strip mine down and have it galvanized making it better than new .

I'd love to do that with a chassis too Shayne. I can get blasting and galvanising doing from here and I run a welding shop. But 80 chassis are so good, it's really the body shell than needs the luuuuuurrveee.

Ha ha no I meant the wings, seats, glass, everything else.

That was a quick find because i knew it existed but the finished project is out there somewhere and better than new , i'd be scared to drive it after spending that much time and money on it .

Back