Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brown interior of Land Cruiser

xjokerz

Country Flag
united_states
So I'm in love with the brown leather seats of the newer Land Cruiser. Problem is, I prefer the 2008-2015 batch (primarily the difference being the 6 speed vs. 8 speed transmission) but do you know if it's possible to get the brown leather seats in this model year range? Thank you very much.

Welcome :thumbup:

Not sure about the seats but curious about your comment re: 6spd Vs 8spd auto.

Is that just your personal preference or is there something specific i.e. a technical weakness etc. ?

Well I feel that the added complexity of the eight speed automatic transmission would prove problematic over the long run. I want to keep my cruiser for five or six hundred thousand miles and I feel that not only would there probably more likely be an issue with the eight speed but if there is it would be a lot more costly to fix than a six-speed. Also the six speed has been out for a lot longer so Toyota has had time to perfect it.

Personally, I feel that five or six gears is enough for any vehicle. I like my vehicles mechanically simple. That's why I fell in love with this old school Toyota V8 engine. No gdi, no turbos. None of those tricks to try to squeeze out an extra two or three miles gallon. That's just me though.

Fair enough :thumbup:

I have no personal experience of either, so can't really give any first hand insight. However one thought that did occur having read your response was that, say, the 8spd was 10% more efficient than the 6spd (I don't know but lets stick with 10% for ease, might be more) - over a 500k projected mileage that's an "extra" 50k miles worth of fuel that you don't have to pay for with the 8spd. Over that mileage you may need to still overhaul either of the gearbox options.

Obviously just a thought and I have no data to back that up but might be worth doing some further research - and you get your preferred Brown leather seats too; win win.

Good luck! :cool:

You have purchased the the vehicle of your choice mechanically but unfortunately the wrong interior colour you should be able to get your right colour interior reupholstered fairly locally with that just new smell just an option and should last for the millage you have in mind good luck with your truck hunting

Back