Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BRRRRR From Chiberia!!! (Finally going to tackle my futz'd GPS NAV system)

Rhett Gustafson

Country Flag
united_states
Hi there! I have a 2004 Series 100 (232k miles, engine #2) with a NAV system which integrates stereo, climate and NAV.

I am madly researching solutions to fix / reman / replace my "GPS-NAV System" computer, which has not worked properly since JUST out of warranty @45k mi. Since I replaced the battery last winter, the system has locked me out of doing my once-a-season allowed change to the climate control (from 45k - 210k miles the console computer worked about 1% of the time, and IF I was quick, I could make the necessary adjustments e.g. turn on window defogger and heat, before the system locked me out again).

Question 1: is this a WIRING issue (e.g. corroded wires) which requires replacement of some of the wiring?

Question 2: is this BOTH a wiring issue and a GPS-NAV system issue which will require both new wiring and possibly a repair to the GPS/NAV system unit?

Question 3: can anyone help with assembly diagrams for the dash to remove the GPS-NAV system

Question 4: can anyone help with wiring diagrams for this GPS-NAV system?

Many thanks in advance to ANYONE willing to read and offer assistance!!! I am freezing my ARSE off and my plug-in dash-mounted defogger isn't terribly effective in the single digits!!

Hi there! I have a 2004 Series 100 (232k miles, engine #2) with a NAV system which integrates stereo, climate and NAV.

I am madly researching solutions to fix / reman / replace my "GPS-NAV System" computer, which has not worked properly since JUST out of warranty @45k mi. Since I replaced the battery last winter, the system has locked me out of doing my once-a-season allowed change to the climate control (from 45k - 210k miles the console computer worked about 1% of the time, and IF I was quick, I could make the necessary adjustments e.g. turn on window defogger and heat, before the system locked me out again).

Question 1: is this a WIRING issue (e.g. corroded wires) which requires replacement of some of the wiring?

Question 2: is this BOTH a wiring issue and a GPS-NAV system issue which will require both new wiring and possibly a repair to the GPS/NAV system unit?

Question 3: can anyone help with assembly diagrams for the dash to remove the GPS-NAV system

Question 4: can anyone help with wiring diagrams for this GPS-NAV system?

Many thanks in advance to ANYONE willing to read and offer assistance!!! I am freezing my ARSE off and my plug-in dash-mounted defogger isn't terribly effective in the single digits!!
Have a look at the thread 'tesla style screen' by Philip Amos on page 3, sounds like it will solve all your problems.

Good Luck.

Back