Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TURKEY may 2018

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
28th April to 5th-May 2018

Friends has had to blow out on my next trip due to family.

Just wondering if anyone on here would like to share the next trip with me

Bad bit is its a Landrover D1

Off-roading for a max of 5 days Sun to Thurs or less its up to you

we will share the cost of fuel and Chris as guide.

You pay to get there ( we can meet at Gatwick) the cost of your room and food and drinking

Cost of damage to the bobywork while you drive is down to you but the rest is my problem as i know there are a few minor problems

Chris is 200lev a day inc breakdown labour (not parts) this about £95 per day total cost is £475 for both of us

Hotel is upto about £30 per night but i paid about £20

Taxi from sofia airpot to the coach station i will sort out and i can sort out the coach to Veliko Tarnovo then we need a taxi to the hotel. Last time it cost about 60 lev about £30 and that inc the return trip to the airport
Cost of Easyjet unkown

Few things
you will need a camera

you can do half of the driving or less its up to you

you can do hard to soft off-roading

And if there is a section you are not happy about doing please tell me and we can change over just for that bit
Also and problems tell me or Chris please and we can sort it out

Last edited:
Your going to do it in a lamedrover :scared-eek:

Didn't you have a brake caliper fall off on the Romania trip :sad-roulette:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I envy you mate i really do it looks like a great place to experience but as a single destination its too far , it would be like a 3 week cannonball run for me , i'd love to make it an added destination to a much longer excursion but i don't imagine me being able to vanish for a couple of months any time soon .

Same here and I’m virtually on the doorstep as it were...

thats way i move a vehicle to Bulgaria so i can visit Romania,Greece and turkey more.
The LC is finish and ready for her 1st trip to North Spain in Sept 2018
Had a brake up in the mountains in Bulgaria but we still drove it back to base and Chris makes his own brake lines so again a easy fix, back on the road in 2 hours.
Remember what i said LC are great but not always easy to fix plus parts are dear
Landrover are a bit crap but very easy to fix
Sorry i still like both
Oh also after spenting £700 replacing all the seats in the landrover (new) it is a lot more comfortable
Can you replace all the seats (new) for the LC ?

Can you replace all the seats (new) for the LC ?
Why would one need to when Toyota make them comfortable from day one and they still remain comfortable at 23yrs old?

Why would one need to when Toyota make them comfortable from day one and they still remain comfortable at 23yrs old?
Shame that is not the case on a Troop Carrier

I disagree! Good for a few hours drive maybe. Toyota seats are....I'll use a gentle word- uncomfortable:) Mine are gone long time ago and replaced with BMW's. Japs make great machines but when it comes to comfort...sorry!:)

I disagree! Good for a few hours drive maybe. Toyota seats are....I'll use a gentle word- uncomfortable:) Mine are gone long time ago and replaced with BMW's. Japs make great machines but when it comes to comfort...sorry!:)
Must be just me then. I'm perfectly happy with my 81 cloth seats and didn't really have a problem driving long days with the odd break on the way to Romania. Now the ones that came as standard in Clive's Euro farmer spec 80 were very different indeed. Adequate springs to mind but nowhere near as bulky as mine. Differing specs I suppose.

Last edited:
9A005D19-11BC-4D9B-8729-F8A0A9FBAC35.jpeg
08DAB982-F204-4E8A-8248-EB387397079C.jpeg
well there might be a change of plan as no one whats to drive in Bulgaria with me, so if i can get another extra week off i am going to have a go at this

The most dangerous road in the world

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...orld-s-dangerous-road.html#i-57e0cf194894ad6e
That’s on my list of ones to do but tbh I’ve done ones in the alps as bad as that

Last edited:
Must be just me then. I'm perfectly happy with my 81 cloth seat and didn't really have a problem driving long days with the odd break on the way to Romania. Now the ones that came as standard in Clive's Euro farmer spec 80 were very different indeed. Adequate springs to mind but nowhere near as bulky as mine. Differing specs I suppose.

Adequate when in good order, but the p.o. was large (to be kind) so not so adequate after all.

The replacement Mazda 8 leather all electric jobbies are far superior, including seat and lumbar heaters :lol:

All three Landrovers are ready to go to Turkey,just waiting for the last one to turn up from Romania
30425536_10155164463721116_6318382869305150673_o.jpg
30420237_10155164463106116_7930949183093401824_o.jpg
30814035_10155164462476116_5660570865316103015_o.jpg
30848773_10155164464036116_6244896434885007651_o.jpg

Be interested how you find Marcus, I ended up blocking him on my facebook

just to let u all know i am home from Bulgaria and Turkey
All three vehicle that went had only one minor problem which was the D2
We did 2,500 miles round trip
Now i need a rest

:text-worthless: Good to hear all went well! But we need pics to prove it happened!:text-lol: Well done sounds like a good trip! :thumbup:

Back