Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bumper rechroming

Ben Stratford

Supporter
Country Flag
england
While the body is being refurbed i have been trying to locate an electroplating firm locally but there don't seem to be many left. The one that keeps cropping up is Doug Taylor in Weston Super Mare. Has anyone got any other recommendations? Hopefully the quote from doug taylor will be here soon. Thanks ben

While the body is being refurbed i have been trying to locate an electroplating firm locally but there don't seem to be many left. The one that keeps cropping up is Doug Taylor in Weston Super Mare. Has anyone got any other recommendations? Hopefully the quote from doug taylor will be here soon. Thanks ben
Quote received to chrome rear bumper is £300!! Hmmmm

I have used S&T @ Yate near Bristol good results so might be worth a call, not sure what local is to you?
However last time I had some bike parts chromed I took some detailed photos with some measurements and e-mailed them to multiple platers the price difference was vast.
I posted them and had them posted back a defo worth the effort, from what I remember a show chrome finish was a lot more expensive than a standard plate so check the service.

I have used S&T @ Yate near Bristol good results so might be worth a call, not sure what local is to you?
However last time I had some bike parts chromed I took some detailed photos with some measurements and e-mailed them to multiple platers the price difference was vast.
I posted them and had them posted back a defo worth the effort, from what I remember a show chrome finish was a lot more expensive than a standard plate so check the service.
Bristol is fine, only 100 miles away, thanks for the tip. Will see what they can do

I know chroming is not cheap but Wow thats pricy especially if you got more than I piece.

Shop around & I'm sure you'll find better
The quote from s&t was £280 !!
the decision has now been made - Powdercoating for £40 each bumper at a local firm with wheels at £35 each so all done for £220. This fits better with future plans for a black winch bumper and snorkel

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I used to help refurb classic cars we used to send our chrome to a place in brighouse in Huddersfield can't rember the name of the place now but worth a look on Internet.

1st bumper back from powder coating gloss black, Wow. Picking up the other one tomorrow​

Front bumper back from powdercoat
image.jpeg

To me, it looks better than in chrome. Nice one Ben :thumbup:

Looking sharp Ben...... What's next?
Love the 60 series for its bold look
Hello Indigo Spirit,
Need to find a rust free drivers door then send it back to the body shop to remove the front wings prep and paint front doors roof and front end. Inside is ok but needs a new headlining and ideally new front seats as they are quite uncomfortable. After that then waxoling underneath.
Will have to save some pennies before that lot though

Back