Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bumpers and skidplates

Not seen the 80 ones in the flesh but have fitted a front one for a Nissan Patrol. Not bad for the money but recovery points are extras and shipping too. On the only example I've seen the width to width height was out by around 15mm which made fitting "interesting" where the ends meet the wheel arch.

I just keep my eye out for rear bumpers. They have one with a wheel carrier too. Looks a little flimsy

Their 120 rear bumper looks nice. They seem to keep the general shape of the oe bumper

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting.

Just bought a front bumper (thanks for the link fbnss) will let you all know on the quality and fit when it arrives.

Just seen where they say they dispatch from. Must be within a mile of me! May warrant further investigation.

It's a well made bit of kit, reinforced where the winch sits and made with thick plate steel, the fit was spot on, the winch has to be fitted before you put the bumper on as you won't get it in after, this makes it very heavy to lift, I used an engine crane to fit it, the only gripe I have is the corners on the hoop aren't Manderal bent so you can see where it deformed on the corners when bent to shape, you only really notice it if your looking for it, on the whole worth every penny of the £750 it cost, it also came with the two small fog lamps as well.WIN_20170309_124910.JPG

kind of a pity i've just done £1500 on an ARB one as they look pretty similar. Interested in the rear bumper with the wheel carrier. Not sure i'm convinced about the hinge bracket on the swing arms rather than the bearing you get on the ARB's and pretty much all the home fabricated ones that i've seen tho....

kind of a pity i've just done £1500 on an ARB one as they look pretty similar. Interested in the rear bumper with the wheel carrier. Not sure i'm convinced about the hinge bracket on the swing arms rather than the bearing you get on the ARB's and pretty much all the home fabricated ones that i've seen tho....
Trouble is mate, a photograph never does anything justice, never the same as seeing one in the flesh, if you could get to see one you would be in a better position to make a decision on buying one after looking at the hinge mechanism and how its all put together, you could speak to the guy who makes them, his name is Lukas and he is very helpful.

If you go ARB, make sure you assemble it yourself. I had mine fitted and the swing out bearing was ineffective from the beginning.

I've had various guys attempt to get it to work, but after a couple of weeks it's rocking about all over the place.

I don't see how a taper bearing is supposed to work sandwiched between 2 fixed steel plates, it just doesn't make sense to me. And I don't have a drawing to work out how it's supposed to be, inside.

Any offers out there, for a drawing of the internals I mean?

Yeah your right @white90 i'd definitely like to see them in the flesh before committing to them. I don't think we'll need them for this trip, but I suspect we'll need something for the next one

Back