Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buying a late 100 series or early 200 series

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

We may be in the market to buy a late 100 series, or a very early 200 series.
Strictly for an "on-road" daily driver for my wife.
Have watched a few on 'bay in the past month.
Is the 200 so much improved to warrant the extra cost?

Graham

Hi all,

We may be in the market to buy a late 100 series, or a very early 200 series.
Strictly for an "on-road" daily driver for my wife.
Have watched a few on 'bay in the past month.
Is the 200 so much improved to warrant the extra cost?

Graham
Hi Graham has your wife got fed up with the VW or has it been a money pit like they are renowned to be , friends of mine who had them found them to be money pits along with BMW x3s and x5s aswell as range rovers and land rover discoverys .

I dont think you can go wrong with a late 100 series, Chances are it could be rust free. There have been posts on here and on other Forums from the Aussie lads With some negatives regarding the 200 series Engine, Injector/seals. EGR problems, recalls, etc... Don't know if its fuel related or if Aussie Diesel is a lower grade to the Euro stuff.. I suppose you could check with Toyota UK.

Hi Graham has your wife got fed up with the VW or has it been a money pit like they are renowned to be , friends of mine who had them found them to be money pits along with BMW x3s and x5s aswell as range rovers and land rover discoverys .

Hi Tony,
Actually it has been fantastic.
It is just me who has ideas to change.
We went from Warrington to Canterbury for a week.
The 3.0Liter V6 gave us 45,2 mpg at a constant 63 mph.
Nothing has broken, nothing needed fixing.

Graham

I dont think you can go wrong with a late 100 series, Chances are it could be rust free. There have been posts on here and on other Forums from the Aussie lads With some negatives regarding the 200 series Engine, Injector/seals. EGR problems, recalls, etc... Don't know if its fuel related or if Aussie Diesel is a lower grade to the Euro stuff.. I suppose you could check with Toyota UK.

I guess a late 2007 would be a nice place to be.
Are the last ones registered a "57" plate, ?

Graham

The 200 series was released in late 2007 so i guess you would be right.. But iv only ever seen 08 plate 200s

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I believe the UK launch of the 200 was Feb 2008, so earliest might be on a 57 but probably will be on a 08 plate. (i.e
registered on or after 1st Mar 2008)

Latest UK 100s I've seen are on a 57 plates (there's one in my neighborhood funnily enough)

I believe the UK launch of the 200 was Feb 2008, so earliest might be on a 57 but probably will be on a 08 plate. (i.e
registered on or after 1st Mar 2008)

Latest UK 100s I've seen are on a 57 plates (there's one in my neighborhood funnily enough)

Thanks, I was beginning to think 57 was the last of the 100's

Back