Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buying advise and "Hello!" :D

Saigon

Country Flag
uk
Hello guys,

Is there a Land Cruiser as reliable as a '100' but with at least 30MPG+ fuel consumption for the price below 4k GBP? Or is it a fantasy :D

Thanks

D4D Colorado is about as close as I can think. They're all as reliable as a 100. Because they're Landcruisers

If you said "at most 30 MPG" then for that budget I would say a Colorado, can't think of any other that would fit the criteria that would be in decent condition.

Earlier 1KZ-TE motors needed looking after to prevent overheating and head cracking. But any that have made it this far are probably fine. Forget the reliability issues here. It's the MPG you need to consider. Later Colorado D4D managed around the 28mpg in auto and maybe a little more in manual? Early 120 series were about the same but for £4k? Without rust? Hmm, tricky. No one buys a Landcruiser to get good MPG. They buy them because they don't want to be in the same lay by with all the Landrovers with their bonnets up.

Thanks guys... I had second thoughts over Disco2 :D too expensive to fix

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How are D4Ds compared to older TD on reliability?

See my signature... it's the most reliable vehicle I have ever come across.. 9 years as a daily drive with a 40 mile each way commute, not to mention towing every size and shape of trailer on creation, and touring the continent... and doing 30mpg..

The early D4D units are Euro3 so before the worst of the emissions control that kills reliability

Thanks guys... I had second thoughts over Disco2 :D too expensive to fix
Would not say they are expensive to fix, just need fixing all the time, unlike a Cruiser that don't go wrong to much

d4d Cloroado or 3.4 Colorado with LPG would be the only things that would come close to your needs.

OR (and I'm taking my life in my hands here) you may be able to get a Hilux that meets your needs.

My Hilux is dreadful. I love it to bits but the 3.0 D4D is giving me 26 mpg at the minute. ON e a really long motorway cruise I can scrape 30 with a following wind. Well as long as it's a tornado. The 2.4 is a bit better.

To be honest Hilux is not something, what meets my needs. Looks like Colorado is something I need. I will do more research of course. But from your experience, where is the best place to source a car from? Autotrader/gumtree/ebay? I was thinking maybe auctions to save a few pennies. Most of d-4d colorados are 4+. My initial budget was 2-2.5 before I realised it is not realistic.

Hello guys,

Is there a Land Cruiser as reliable as a '100' but with at least 30MPG+ fuel consumption for the price below 4k GBP? Or is it a fantasy :D

Thanks

When do you want to achieve 30 mpg? on a run or all the time?
Manual D4D Collie might scrape 25 in town, 30 easy on a steady run, auto I can squeeze 30 in a run, disappointing 23 urban. realistically no LC @£4K will achieve 30mpg overall.
Really good condition D4D Collie might just be within your budget.
Tough as old boots alternative with a good reputation is the Hyundai Terracan, leaves you a lot of fuel money.

Used to get 30+ in my collie import with intercooler in new zealand, less traffic and generally longer journeys

Back