Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buzzer / motor from dash (drivers side fuse box area)

Sam

Garage
Hello all - anyone speak landcruiser? Mine has started talking to me and I'm not sure what it's saying.

It sounds like an urgent, not quiet and deliberate "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

No dash warning lights, just the buzzzz coming from by my right knee (I'm pretty sure it's not in my knee, creaky as it is these days). It only lasts for a second so far... at most. I first thought it was some kind of rapid decompression of some kind but the second time I heard it I was sure it was a short buzzer / alarm.

Anyone know if there a buzzer in there? Oil pressure or brake warning or something? I can't reproduce the problem at will so finding it difficult to track down precisely.

Just about faultless 104k miles so far - now this and a serious worrying power dip (like its choking). Eek.

On the other side of the bulkhead is the vacuum pump. Check that to see if the fixings have become loose or there's something amiss.

Cheers animal... I'll have a poke around and check all my connectors again later.

The buzz is definately inside the cabin. Very clear. But short and without a light. I'd almost be happier with an abs or oil light or something. At least then I'd have a clue where to start :icon-rolleyes:

Thanks for that Bhutan - that isn't my problem (yet) but it looks like it might be in the future so you would have saved me a lot of worry then! :thumbup:

I'm now convinced my buzz was an abs alarm - but without a dash light which is unsettling (checked the manuals and there is a buzzer assembly down there in the fuse box by your right knee) . When it did happen I was braking very gently at quite low speeds (like 20mph) so no need for abs to get in a panic.

Anyway, I haven't heard it for a couple of days now sooooooooo... maybe fixed itself.... until it's not :icon-rolleyes:

Brake fluid levels are good, pedal feels good and there are no obvious strange noises anywhere from under the bonnet / pumps etc. so all I can do now is wait and see what happens. I'll update this if it comes back.

.... ooooooo hang on... while I'm writing this I've had a thought... I changed the front pads and calipers in the summer so ruled anything pad related out but I didn't check the rear pads. What are the chances they are getting low and the LC is trying to tell me something? Is that wired up to happen? I don't think it is but I'll have a check tonight and update here. Wouldn't be any more odd than a buzzer without a light would it?

Last edited:
Back