Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cadac Safari Grill 2 (windshield mod)

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Following the last Lincomb meet, I was singularly impressed with Rosy's Cadac BBQ. So I bought one. It's a neat bit of kit combining a cooker with a BBQ. I wanted it for the trailer to replace my old gas BBQ and the two Dometic burners that produce little heat especially when it's windy.

However, one thing I didn't like was the fact that when used as a cooker ring, there was no windshield for it. I knew there must be an answer.
Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.53.40.jpg

I was in Lakeland cookshop the other day and saw this. It's a wok stand.

It looked to be just what I was after. And with a couple of well aimed slices with the angle grinder (hacksaw would do) I had this.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.53.00.jpg

It doesn't interfere with the bit pot or the kettle and comes off so that it still all packs away into the carry bag.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.53.23.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.53.11.jpg

I'm chuffed and it was only a fiver.

You have to cut one of the slots into a vent hole first. That gives you the other locations to cut. Then, you put two of the legs into the cut slots and push (mildly force) the last leg into the vent hole slot. Removal is the reverse.

An elegant, simple solution Chris, mine is in the post!

Have to agree with Rosy, I presume it does the trick so a, well done on the disc cutting and b, well done for finding something off the shelf that does the job without too much modification.

Cheers boys. I guess I got lucky first time out. Haven't tried it in a gale yet, but no reason to doubt it.

Back