Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Calling 120 owners with a car fridge/freezer/cooler

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
I'll be buying a fridge soon and I'm curious as to what setups other 120 owners have when it comes to keeping food and drink cold in your vehicles.

What setup do you have?
What fridge (make, model, size)?
Connections and cables?
What battery/power provision do you use?
Any pictures of your setup?
Is your setup permanent?

It will be interesting to see everyone's solutions in the 120.

I used the mobicool 35 in the back. A manual isolator switch between the front left and right and then just ran the fridge in the power socket in the back.

This meant the front passenger side battery was always isolated when parked up so it wasn't going to drain dead on me.

I didn't bother with a leisure battery just stayed with the 900 odd CCA in there.

We've done some week long trips like that using the fridge as a fridge. We drove 3 odd hrs daily

HI

I have the same, a Mobicool 35. It worked great on this trip.

IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG

This is my off grid battery solution.

IMG_20171013_161119962.jpg
IMG_20171013_161128323_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171013_161246573.jpg
IMG_20171013_161257642_HDR.jpg

The 2 batteries in the case plug into the side of the Yeti 400, to increase the power. The AC outlet did fail during my last trip. This setup can be charged from either 12v or mains supply.

G

Cheers chaps. Very useful. Looks like I'll be going for a T-Max with a starter battery and deep cycle up front. No third battery or auxiliary (off the grid) power pack needed yet. I've recently taken delivery of my Snomaster 56l dual zone fridge.

Cheers chaps. Very useful. Looks like I'll be going for a T-Max with a starter battery and deep cycle up front. No third battery or auxiliary (off the grid) power pack needed yet. I've recently taken delivery of my Snomaster 56l dual zone fridge.

If it ever comes to it, you can bump the cca on the starter battery.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back