Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cam Sensors

Ssimo

Country Flag
australia
Hi, Ive just joined this site, thanks for having me on board !!
For some time I have had engine light appearing after about 5 mins on my 93 petrol landy .
Got it scanned & came back with: oxygen sensor which I replaced, MAF unit ... ive replaced & the Cam sensor . Can anyone tell me where to find it ( them ) ?
Any tips ? Its been really hard to get info on, nothing on Utube, nothing in the manual .

Hi Landlocked, your question implied there is no Cam sensor which would explain why I cant find it !!! I went & chrcked the paperwork from the mechanic . My mistake, it is the Knock sensor that needs replacing . Thanks for the help

Error 55 for the knock sensor .
I also have to sort out error 24, Inlet air temp . Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks .

So error 55 is related to the rear-most knock sensor.
Error 24 ... recommend taking a look on ih8mud.com. This error could be legit and/or it could be a screwed up MAF. Did you get yours new?
And have you pulled power to reset for new codes after install?

Welcome @Ssimo. One thing I would add to @LandLocked93 comment is the fitting copy parts will often not cure a problem, even if you pin the code down correctly, copy or pattern electronic parts could have you chasing your tail.

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The MAF at the time of the scan was one I got from China, although it was recommended for my car the serial number was different . Ive since got an exchange one from Melbourne & its running a lot better . Thanks for the tip on after market parts & the rear knock sensor .

Back