Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can anyone help me winch out large chunks of oak?

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
Hey guys,

bit if a long shot, but I need to drag out some very chunky pieces of oak from a property in Camberly this Saturday- pretty much impossible by hand!

Would anyone be able to help with a winch by any chance- probably take two hours or so.

thanks in advance

James

James
They wouldn't happen to be on T***ls Avenue would they??

Last edited:
If all else fails, I may be able to help - the winch is still plumbed into the 95 so it might as well have a last hurrah before I move it to the 100.

What sort of time? I'll check what time my house guests are planning to head off.

Last edited:
No winch on either of mine, might have a wander along, no need for me to bring the car - Jane's old house is only a few doors down from us!
I do, however, have loads of ratchet straps down at the yard - wide long ones.
If you think you might need them let me know and I will get them back here.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Johnny and Doodle,

Doodle would be very grateful- not sure on time, we'll be there from aroun 9 until around 4-5 with a 2 hour break somewhere to drop a load back to base. Any help very very gratefully received.

Johnny- thanks for the offer but I think we're ok- we've got loads of strops, but i'm likely to trash a couple! You are very welcome to come and have a gander though- its all very comedy. :D

Thanks,

James

I've had to put off the Salisbury Plain trip so if you need a truck with a winch still I will be able to come along, you're not too far from me in Morden.

Should be able to sneak a few hours around midday/early afternoon. The winch still has the steel cable on (have plasma for the 100) so perfect for some groundwork.

PM me your number and we can figure something out.

This should be colourful, it's still fully stickered from the event in March :lol:

mmm, this calls for some video clips methinks! :lol:

mmm, this calls for some video clips methinks! :lol:

After having to cancel the Salisbury Plain trip I will be able to help shift some trees. It's a lot closer to me than the Plain. Cameras packed, just need someone there to remind me to use them. :oops:

Last edited:
Guys
Just by way of a tease......look at this:-
20131026_115408 - Copy.jpg

First load is away, check back later!!

First of many I hope! Looks busy and somewhat technical!:dance:

ended winching some Huge treelogs/trunks myself today

elm trunks, about 1-2ft diameter and upto 30ft long.
used a snatch block as well to ease the load on the winch

A massive massive thanks to doodle, Cossack and johnnyboy.

We spent the whole day dragging out pieces of 4foot diameter oak, four or five of which were well over a tonne, and got close to stalling a goldfish! Even double lined it was putting some load on.

There was no way that I could managed any of the work we did today without these three guys help, and they exemplify the best qualities of all the peeps on the landcruiser forum- heartfelt thanks from rob and I. Drew and chas stayed out in The pouring rain helping, and putting their winches to good use, Johnny even went out to buy us a new chainsaw blade from miles away.

It should go without saying that if there's any way we can reciprocate then please let me know.

Believe chas got some piccies - they won't look as impressive as the work actually was! I'm a big strong bloke and so,e f the pieces of wood I could barely move. I have a splitting axe , and even using as much force as possible, I still couldn't dent these things! No idea how we turn them into firewood

Back