Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can you splice into an airline?

moggy1968

my onboard air has packed up, I found the problem today, the pipe has been trapped between the body and chassis and has been crushed and torn so air is escaping.
Changing the entire length of pipe will be an utter ballache, is it possible to splice an airline and fit a connection?
If so who would do it, I'm thinking agricultural engineers?
It should be possible to pull the pipe down enough to get
FullSizeRender105.jpg
access once the retaining cable ties are cut off

I'd just piece it out with a length of metal pipe of the right dia, flare the ends and use 2 Jubilee clips.

Sorry but trying to repair it in my view would be the ballache. I'd leave it there and just run a full new length of plastic one end to the other. New matching fittings at each end, job done.

Sorry but trying to repair it in my view would be the ballache. I'd leave it there and just run a full new length of plastic one end to the other. New matching fittings at each end, job done.
that is my other option, just disconnect that one at the pump end and fit a new one with an outlet at the front instead of the rear. At the moment the outlet is at the rear (no idea why they did that! They fitted it when the body was off I think and running a new one to the current out let will be an utter fucker!

Back