Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can you tell me what I paid 350 euros for please?

mike54 said:
you explicitly suggested that west coast were at fault. a dangerous and naive game in my opinion.
I can't see anywhere Rob explicitly suggested that West Coast were at fault.

Rob said:
From what you have said it looks like your steering arm bolts had broken, and if you had carried on driving the steering arm would have detached from from the hub (the bit that the wheel is attached to) meaning you would have lost control of the steering. Looks like Westcoast 4x4 fitted non genuine swivel bearings so they replaced them with Koyo/Toyota ones as it only required a few minutes of extra labour. If they used genuine/OEM parts I would say €350 sounds about right and by the sounds of it money well spent.

Rob said:
This is usually caused by poor assembly, mine had the swivel bearings done for an MOT before I bought it and the studs were loose :roll:

Nothing explicit about that, implicit possibly at a stretch, but that's a whole different ball game.

Phew, Mike - that's rather strong ;) Rob was expressing his opinion, just like you were with yours. No semantics involved. And there is nothing libellous in expressing an opinion about the possible source of a fault. :mrgreen:

Rob also said later:
Rob said:
The bearings look fine from the pics, and I agree that we should not jump to conclusions about sub standard bearings as there is clearly no evidence of bearing failure.

Hopefully we can keep the thread on-topic from here :oops:

Back