Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Canberra Bound

jasransm

Country Flag
australia
Well I am moving from the West Coast of Oz to the East coast for work. Normally a pretty straight forward 3500klms across the Nullarbor, into South Australia and onto Canberra....... As luck would have it the Nullarbor is cut off due to bush fires, so the Great Central Road is the only safe way adding an extra 1000klms. I will be leaving Perth WA on 3 Jan heading to Canberra via Laverton WA, Yulara NT, Port Augusta SA, Adelaide SA, Echuca Vic/NSW. 7 Days of Travel with some sight seeing on the way, will post up a final trip report on arrival as this will be a bit of a whirlwind tour! See you on the other side!

Well I am moving from the West Coast of Oz to the East coast for work. Normally a pretty straight forward 3500klms across the Nullarbor, into South Australia and onto Canberra....... As luck would have it the Nullarbor is cut off due to bush fires, so the Great Central Road is the only safe way adding an extra 1000klms. I will be leaving Perth WA on 3 Jan heading to Canberra via Laverton WA, Yulara NT, Port Augusta SA, Adelaide SA, Echuca Vic/NSW. 7 Days of Travel with some sight seeing on the way, will post up a final trip report on arrival as this will be a bit of a whirlwind tour! See you on the other side!
Here's wishing you a happy new year and a safe trip across Oz. Now stay well clear of those fires.

Stay safe, those bushfire looks terrifying, keep checking the news to makes sure your not driving into something.

Good luck with the trip
Canberra is an interesting place, I spent a month there as a PhD student at the Australia National University.
Enjoyed day trip to mount Kosciuszko and a hike up it.
And next day a trip To Batemans bay (nasty reading about the fires there now...)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good luck with the trip
Canberra is an interesting place, I spent a month there as a PhD student at the Australia National University.
Enjoyed day trip to mount Kosciuszko and a hike up it.
And next day a trip To Batemans bay (nasty reading about the fires there now...)
Interesting is a good description :) Kosciuzko is beautiful however now under direct fire threat as well, Batemans bay is in a state of emergency, not good. Well were off, will post an update in a couple of days!

Safe trip mate, lots of dirt to cover there on the Great Central Road.

Back