Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can't find shocks for a 4 inch lift

Shayne

Guru
I don't want Pedders but who else in the UK sells them ?

If you are prepared to wait you could probably source them from Australia, or Stan from overlander may be able to help, if I recall correctly he imports from Aus via FNB-4x4 aka Blown80 on here.

I have in the past sourced parts for my 80 from Euro 4x4 for my 80, they are in France so no import to the eu tariffs for you to negotiate with hm customs & excise.

Devon 4x4 used to do suspension parts for Land Cruiser, OME i think.

There is also Matt Savage but I can not recall if he did suspension for the 80.

I am sure others will have some suggestions.

West coast can supply the Foam Cell Pro from Ironman, if you look at the specs they come out on top compared to any off the shelf shock.

Have you tried looking at 100 series shocks too, I believe they'll work.

Thanks Julian i found some options on Euro 4x4 , near £200 a corner shows what a bargain the Pedders kit is .

Thanks Tommy i spoke to Westcoast a while back asking if they imported anything from America (tyres i was after) and they offered me a +4" ironman kit then though i'd forgotten about it so that's another option .

I'm finding when it comes to 4 inch Beau stuff is often labelled 80 or 105 series .

I can find only two truly full kits and the American one seems a non starter so i've sent an email to Oz , the following in the description is something of concern though .

"Constant 4x4 vehicles may require Part time front hub kit or double carden front tail shaft."

I imagine i will know all i will ever need to know about 80 suspension by the time i've bought the wrong everything :|

I am running OME heavies and that has given me a 4inch lift.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got a complete 4" EFS suspension kit from Chris (blown 80) in Aus, but he has sold that side of his business

Shayne I can't remember if you were after them or not but there's some of those dropbox things on stans link

Yeah i seen them Nick but thanks for the shout , i haven't yet given up on the one shop stop idea and discovering tonight Wesctcoast suggests a 3 week wait for stuff from Oz is encouraging .

Must guess the women wear the pants out there though i can almost hear them saying "well if that's your baby then yellow pink and pastel blue are good for the nursery" :shifty:

Bought OME complete 60 suspension from Devon 4x4 6 months ago Shayne so they are still active for suspension. They were keen to price cut a chesper supplier too - britparts i think it was who actually supplied the suspension to Devon 4c4!

West coast can supply the Foam Cell Pro from Ironman, if you look at the specs they come out on top compared to any off the shelf shock.

I just took delivery of a set of the 4” lift ones. Waited 6 months to get them as I believe they are the best for the money with that spec.

I see on FB that Overland Cruisers are importing a whole lot of kit and are asking if anyone has a desire for some goodies to get in touch, they are importing slinky and bilstein suspension kits.

Not sure this helps you.

[/QUOTE]
I just took delivery of a set of the 4” lift ones. Waited 6 months to get them as I believe they are the best for the money with that spec.

I had a set in my 80, building a patrol currently witch will be having a set, there really isn’t anything to match them, the Koni raid comes close but isn’t rebuildable.

I have the OME "L" shocks, they are long enough for my 3 - 4 inch lift. You should be able to get these everywhere.

They have a shop in Bristol you can collect from aswell

Now i have options i find myself torn .

The fact Clive has been using the same OME (and he does use it more than most) since dinosaurs walked is a huge plus - but , sorry Clive , his is the only other 80 i've ever driven or been an offroad passenger in and i don't like the boat like feel . It's no bad thing though my current and perhaps original suspension is remarkably comfortable but personally i find that a tad boring because i do like to feel what i'm driving on .

Do i gamble on OME shocks and Pedders springs or just collect my truck lifted and drive away from Westcoast .

I am aware its hard to advise on personal preference but i don't want to buy twice so any thoughts appreciated .

Back