Probably!
For sure!

Wheres that solenidiot thingy???

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I must add that mine was not a caption, but an actual question Tommo

Rob said:
is this for real?
yes probably

but then its often because they are driven very hard (the engine has to work "against" the electronics to get traction) and they also have fiercly effective a/c units- the condensers get silly hot. when not playing in the sand they are fine.

they also have very accurate water temps- sopeople see the temp rising and decide to let the engine cool down- as it is the temp comes down very very quickly after having sat for a minute or two.

FWIW i will often stop the 80 when in Ergs (especially if playing) with the nose inot the wind and open the bonnet- when you can feel everything getting almost too hot to touch, its best practice if nothing else!

pugwash said:
Rob said:
is this for real?
yes probably

but then its often because they are driven very hard (the engine has to work "against" the electronics to get traction) and they also have fiercly effective a/c units- the condensers get silly hot. when not playing in the sand they are fine.

they also have very accurate water temps- sopeople see the temp rising and decide to let the engine cool down- as it is the temp comes down very very quickly after having sat for a minute or two.

FWIW i will often stop the 80 when in Ergs (especially if playing) with the nose inot the wind and open the bonnet- when you can feel everything getting almost too hot to touch, its best practice if nothing else!

Engines having to work against electronics to gain traction is about the most stupid idea they ever invented. I know every car manufacturer does it these days, but its plain money in their pocket. ABS systems were designed to help control stopping, not aid traction.
If you want ultimate traction, then use a diesel powered generator, have 4 independent electric motors on each wheel. Use your electronics to get those 4 motors working together.

When I was a 12 year old I had a small ride-on mower to gain traction when wheels were slipping I engaged the wheel brake that was spinning. They should be able to do a lot better these days.

Engine bays getting to hot due to aircon units pushing the limits?? A simple regulator that gives priority to engine temp instead of coolness should be their primary objective. Because when the going gets though, I want to be able to get out of wherever it is. Not have a cool cocktail with the engine overheating.

If you want to play in the sand, then get a Polaris. A lot more fun and you can use your luxury 4x4 for what is was designed for, keeping the drinks cool :lol:

On trials Land Rover engineers decided that appart from the freelander the new solar powered eco engine was probably not their best idea to date.

Unforeseen problem with Landrover's new front air-brake brings convoy to a halt.

Chris

Due to the increased build complicity of the land rover the new owners were now sent on a training course on how to change a tail light bulb by going in through the oil filler.

Does this mean that Tommo has been looking at the Disco 3 website again :naughty:

Step away from the darkside :evil:

Back