Carpet Lining recommendations

Towpack

Supporter
I am in england
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Garage
Try a local carpet store to see if they have any offcuts or end rolls of industrial grade carpet, the type they put down in busy offices and entrances etc. I got some cheap to finish off the rear storage chest I made. I used standard aerosol carpet glue which is readily available.

Reactions: David
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
I am in uk
Oct 7, 2014
Bognor Regis UK
Garage
I used carpet tiles and spray glue called Trimbond.
Advantages, tiles are sound deadening and easy to cut to fit. Very hard wearing and come in many varieties which can shrug off dirt.

Disadvantages, quite weighty compared to carpet, slightly thicker depending on what type is chosen. Have to be fitted flat, cannot fold round corners.

Cptsideways

Sep 23, 2010
Garage
The best stuff is campervan stretch carpet, its amazing stuff. Pulls round corners, stretches into awkward shapes with ease, use spray glue. Its easy to trim & and makes a really nice job. I've just done my centre console that was looking tired with it. (Plus most of my campervan)

Reactions: StarCruiser

Dervis Garip

Supporter
I am in cyprus
Feb 17, 2012
Famagusta, Cyprus
Garage
This is what I used guys not sure what you would call it bought from a car upholstery store where I am. It’s soft & strong enough but very flexible giving a carpet like finish using carpet adhesive and a compressor stable gun for the overturns.

27B37159-CA96-4307-B860-7541FF57D328.jpeg 3604EBBF-86D8-42FE-8CD8-E3EBCF17AD4B.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks