Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Carpet Lining recommendations

garygiles1963

Hi

I like to carpet line my wooden drawers.

Can anyone recommend a carpet and glue?

Thanks

Gary

I used this stuff
http://www.megavanmats.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4138868
On the outside, ive not lined my drawers though as its not the easiest thing to keep clean.
IMG_6941.JPG

I used carpet tiles and some spray on glue on my old truck

Try a local carpet store to see if they have any offcuts or end rolls of industrial grade carpet, the type they put down in busy offices and entrances etc. I got some cheap to finish off the rear storage chest I made. I used standard aerosol carpet glue which is readily available.

I used carpet tiles and spray glue called Trimbond.
Advantages, tiles are sound deadening and easy to cut to fit. Very hard wearing and come in many varieties which can shrug off dirt.

Disadvantages, quite weighty compared to carpet, slightly thicker depending on what type is chosen. Have to be fitted flat, cannot fold round corners.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The best stuff is campervan stretch carpet, its amazing stuff. Pulls round corners, stretches into awkward shapes with ease, use spray glue. Its easy to trim & and makes a really nice job. I've just done my centre console that was looking tired with it. (Plus most of my campervan)

Thanks Capt I’ll try and remember that, sounds useful.

This is what I used guys not sure what you would call it bought from a car upholstery store where I am. It’s soft & strong enough but very flexible giving a carpet like finish using carpet adhesive and a compressor stable gun for the overturns.

27B37159-CA96-4307-B860-7541FF57D328.jpeg 3604EBBF-86D8-42FE-8CD8-E3EBCF17AD4B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back