Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Got mine from http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12713

small, wireless, re-chargable *and* recharges from a USB port

works well, no driver CD's needed, just plug the tiny 2.4GHz dongle in. Keyboard has an on/off slide switch as well as power saving sleep modes so you can turn it off properly instead of relying on just the power saving. Works with the charge lead pluged in which is a relief, not all devices can be used while they're charging. The charge port is just a standard mini USB so either charge from a USB port with the cable supplied or I expect any mini USB phone charger would also work for charging from a normal cig socket.

Also has cursor keys and a mouse touchpad for anyone without a touch screen.

Big enough to be useful, small enough to hide away :D

Will be interested to see comments in a few weeks / months of using. I have a super small one which in hindsight as a pain. Type with thumbs.

I like the idea of the touch-pad on yours - makes options for screens so much cheaper as you don't really need a touch screen anymore. (Still handier though)

I don't do a lot of typing in the car, just adding notes to waypoints or tracks sometimes or a bit of system maintenance and it's plenty big enough for that. What I've not liked on other keyboards I've tried is either they were too small (http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=10779) and didn't have the extra keys like CTRL, ALT, Windows, cursor keys etc or they're too big and take up a lot more space stored. Of the small wireless ones I've looked at there has always been the issue of batteries being flat when I occasionaly come to use it so this one being USB powered is ideal to fix that. It also 'just worked' which I always like!

Does seem like a good thing then. Certainly the power side of it.
I would say mine is about the same size as the one you listed but is a full querty keyboard less the numpad. Keys are small and cramped. It's bluetooth and works ok, batteries so far have not failed me but that's soon to happen I am sure...

Will add this to list of things to get :)

Back