Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Carrying arm mechanism for spare tyre

Vulkyn

Country Flag
egypt
Quick question, the right back door has the spare tire carrying system. However when closed there is a lot of "play" meaning it hits back and forth causing a lot of noise.

I imagine there must have been some sort of bearing that stops this movement and also makes open and closing the door easier.
Currently its L shaped far too small for the space it occupies.

Any ideas on that ?
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-10 at 10.27.47 PM.jpeg

Is it definitely fully latched? The system on mine is similar to how your bonnet latches. Initial locks it, but with play, then 2nd stage it closes tightly. The top bar should be snug into the rubber buffer. The latch mech might need a clean and lube. Exercise it using a screwdriver shank or similar instead of the door. Can see the mech moving and whats happening then.

then 2nd stage it closes tightly. The top bar should be snug into the rubber buffer.
I think that's the issue as there is no rubber buffer. Can you indicate where should it be?

I did initially WD-40 all the hinges, i think its best i take a video of the door opening and closing.

The rubber buffer I was referring to is in your photo just below the window. The bar should be resting fully into the U of the rubber.

I'll get a photo of my set up and post up a photo for you.

Back