Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Carta Rallye

Tommy345

Country Flag
uk
My brother Paul is off to Morocco in a few weeks to take part in the Carta Rallye 2016, he competed in 2015 and loved it, this time he has a few customers going with him to take part in the gps challenge while Paul competes in the cross country class, he will load his 100 up with the trailer and the 90 series, drive to Morocco and then compete in an eight day race covering roughly 2500-3000 kms, the race moves six times i think over the eight days so a co driver and extra driver is needed, should be fun :thumbup:

http://www.rallye-carta.com/Carta-Rallye-2016/#top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruvHNlQKGPE

carta_2015_paolo_071.jpg

carta_2015_paolo_069.jpg

Very cool and i will make no bones about it i am very jealous .

That looks amazing. I would LOVE to do that, even if I was not to get a drive. Any idea what sort of cost is involved?

To enter the race it is 2,500 euros, then you have the drive to Morocco and back

[h=3]THE PRICES INCLUDES:[/h]
  • 5 nights in hotel in shared rooms for driver and co-driver(s)
  • Halfboard on 8 days
  • Event participation
  • First aid medical assistance during the event
  • Roadbook and GPS tracks
  • Gift
  • Organisation Public liability insurance

Presumably that cost is per person, plus vehicle costs, plus support vehicle costs, plus food, plus fuel (and anything else I've missed out[emoji4]).

awesome, seen a few rallyes on my Morocco trips over the years and the 90/95 is a very popular choice.

If you need any advice on Morocco give me a shout

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the 2,500 euros is for one vehicle with two people in it. Vehicle requirements depends on witch class you would like to enter

Any idea witch rallyes you have come across Mark? this will be Pauls fifth trip out there and second time racing there, he was fortunate eought many years ago to get an invite out there from BF Goodrich tyres to have a ride about with Luc Alphand in his Dakar preped Mitsubishi Pajero EVO

Rallye Du Maroc 2010 - rerun of the historic rallys, with old porsches, citroens etc
5937588828_06fdec3c2e_z.jpgP1010544 by Trackasylum, on Flickr

Oil Libya Rallye Du Maroc 2012
8520018124_a6200c0402_z.jpgP1040631 by Trackasylum, on Flickr

Citroen 2CV Rallye 2012
8255705868_71aa79488c_z.jpgP1040182 by Trackasylum, on Flickr

Rallye Roses Du Sables (several times, ladies racing landcruisers, whats not to like :))
P1080073.JPG

October's very popular for all sorts of rallyes and teams testing for event. Not seen the Carta Rallye but for th elast 8 or so years we've been going out in October

The racing in Morocco is good fun, i love the place can't wait to get back there. We have built about 5-6 rally bikes that have been and raced the Toureg and Merzouga rally, i also have a WR450F rallye bike that competed in the Dakar rally in 2010

Back